New to the PSP, a little help required please guys n girls :)

Pepperami

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all :)

Well, at the age of 42, I have just brought a PSP LOL LOL LOL

Now, it isnt new, but its in pristine condition, about 6 months old.

I want to be able to get DL psp iso files to work on it, and have a 1 gig and 4 gig stick to play with

Am I right in assuming DARK ALEX is the thing to get installed on the PSP?

Is it difficult to do, havent got a clue!!

any help or advice appreciated please

Chris

OK,

1. Go to system settings then select system information. What's the firmware? It'll say System Software and have some numbers after it.

2. Open UMD drawer, with PSP right way up, is there anything printed just inside on top right hand side of motherboard, especially IC1003?

Dependent on 1. and 2. there's different paths to choose to gain the most out of a PSP.

have u had a look m8 as no 1 can really help u otherwise ,

Am I right in assuming DARK ALEX is the thing to get installed on the PSP?

no he is far to big to install on your PSP, try his custom firmware instead:Hit:

going to need to know your current firwmware version first and what motherboard you have.

and 42 is perfectly ok to own a PSP, i will be playing mine when im in my 60's ;)

The missus has you under the thumb m8. Stand up to her, and don't let her boss you arroun..........

Just coming dear

LOL I had seconds.. and thirds... but not pudding :)

Ok, back to the serious stuff lmao

The PSP is running on 2.01, there are no numbers that I can see in the UMD flap am I looking in the right place?

LOL I had seconds.. and thirds... but not pudding :)

Ok, back to the serious stuff lmao

The PSP is running on 2.01, there are no numbers that I can see in the UMD flap am I looking in the right place?

Not the door, the inside peer over the open door _http://homepage.eircom.net/~pspcalo/ta-082.html

Last edited:
attachment.php

If there is no writing like there is displyed in the pic by Kryton in the previous post u can use these files to get u to where u want to be @ 3.40 custom firmware , before useing any of theses files CHECK USING KRYTONS PIC DO NOT GO AHEAD

here 2.01/2.0 Downgrader

then upgrade to 1.50 to 3.40 noob proof here

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya guys

Ok no numbers at all on the Motherboard, thank u for the replies :)

Anything else I should know?

Got to go to Gatwick now to collect friends, so will give it all a try later ;)

make sure the battery is fully charged anf format the memory stick first and to be on the safe side leave the charger plugged in while doing it

make sure its doesnt look like this before u start m8

fill up on mars bars in between upgrades lol

Hiya guys :)

Ok finally I have gotten around to tryin the downgrade, busy few days im an HGV Driver ;)

Ok, im doing summit wrong :(

I used the file linked for me above by Biffo, and followed the read me to the letter. It tells you to also copy the eboot to game/update on the PSP, that folder didnt exist, so I created it, and copied the file (There is only ONE eboot file in that zip file, it says you should copy 1.5 to the game/update folder)

I assumed that the only eboot file was 1.5, but on completing the downgrade to version 1.00 as it said to do (and it worked) it said then to upgrade to 1.5 which would be accessable from the game menu, it isnt, all I have in there are TWO copies of the 2.01 downgrader :FRIGHT:

Wot am I doing wrong?

I cannot install Dark Alex til I got this sorted, and tonights my only night off this week ........ H E L P M E P L E A S E

hehehehe

Chris

Hiya guys :)

Ok finally I have gotten around to tryin the downgrade, busy few days im an HGV Driver ;)

Ok, im doing summit wrong :(

I used the file linked for me above by Biffo, and followed the read me to the letter. It tells you to also copy the eboot to game/update on the PSP, that folder didnt exist, so I created it, and copied the file (There is only ONE eboot file in that zip file, it says you should copy 1.5 to the game/update folder)

I assumed that the only eboot file was 1.5, but on completing the downgrade to version 1.00 as it said to do (and it worked) it said then to upgrade to 1.5 which would be accessable from the game menu, it isnt, all I have in there are TWO copies of the 2.01 downgrader :FRIGHT:

Wot am I doing wrong?

I cannot install Dark Alex til I got this sorted, and tonights my only night off this week ........ H E L P M E P L E A S E

hehehehe

Chris

so you are at version 1.0 now?
if you are format the memory stick, download this 1.5 eboot :http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/878/

make the update folder in the PSP/GAME directory again and put the 1.5 eboot in it.
then run the 1.5 updater from the game / memory stick .

Last edited by a moderator:
hiya :)

Yes im at version 1.00 I checked in the System info

Ok I will DL that and give it a go :)

is Dark Alex easier lol

Ok did that, tried to access it, and it says corrupted data so I cannot do it :(

Back