New TM800HD video

Status
Not open for further replies.

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
this video starts off on the last image release, then updates to todays release, via miniweb (called miniroot) and USB, flashes the image, reboots, starts the setup wizard, ive seen people on other forums saying the last video was fake as there was no menus, so let this run, right through the setup wizard, then to the download panel, downloaded a channel list, reloaded the channel settings, and zapped to a HD channel

all in 5 mins, and ALL captured on film

the only pause was when i couldnt reach the remote AFTER the wizard started, so i suppose the video could be about 5 seconds longer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yupgb1GTY8[/ame]

:proud:

Last edited:
Must admit, I do like the look of the box very much. Seems a lot smarter than others on the market. Plus, the software seems to work ok too from the video.

Good video. Thanks!

that is great mate just what i wanted to see

so how stable is that firmware you have on it at the moment ?

the only info i can find on this box is what you post cannot find much at all on the net

I'm so happy to see it running a Pli image :)

Nice familiar territory for Dreambox owners.

LMAO at Digi's collection of STB's stack in a row like books. :)

1 question, can it be updated over LAN as normal aswell as usb?

it can be updated over LAN using the inbuilt 'miniroot' via web browser, by FTP'ing a file and using the remote, theres RS232, but i purposley crashed it into a boot loop, and recovered in less than i minute via USB

ive flashed it via USB every time

with the latest image, its getting harder to find bugs to fix :)

as for the receivers, this is the bedroom lol, you dont want to know what the living rooms like

Digidude, it would be great if you could take a video, showing the channel zap speed for switching from the FTA-to-FTA, scrambled-to-scrambled (local card), and C/S-to-C/S channels...

Mister doom and gloom must be the possible loss of his box sales?????????

We will all find out hopefully next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a point I hadn't thought of.. DMM has tried in the past to sabotage other receivers as in the Gemini Time Bomb. At the time, the Gemini team denied all responsibility claiming that Dream Multimedia itself was responsible. That was enigma. With enigma2 coming out on other receivers now, they may have another go at disabling competitors' boxes. A nasty thought, and something to be seriously concerned about.

latest 1.06 images had some problems to work in clones even after bit of tuning.
Never too sure when the firmwares and cvs come right from DMM and you never know what it carries till it happens. I remember time bomb too well to rist it too much these days

It hapenned in the past and seems like we can have something around the corner.

I did not load any of these latest generation of images for that purpose and would like to see them around for a wile longer to make sure.

trust multimedia drives and updates i will not again. We all use them trough some teams images but never trusting as i saw loads using these tuned gemini images on clones.

At least dreamboxes have support from loads of teams to try and solve those issues as they arise. Couple of other brands also have proper teams in place to sort issues out.

Vu duo is case apart, all the others are prone to be attacked somehow and that would bring a few brands into trouble.

Not sure where technomate stands and don't wanna know, but as originality is not a priority for them and developement is left to independent parts after releases, i would not go there not knowing who is going to step forward to sorte any problems that might arise from using emigma and it's drivers.

Very honest and genuine opinion this as i saw few issues already and i bet some more is on the way

ANY receiver can have its boot loader erased, wether its enigma1, 2 or closed source, and if any team wanted to release a boot loader eraser, they could

with gemini, even though it was dirty, they targeted dreambox clones, as the boot loader wasnt open source

this isnt a box pretending to be something else in the hope of fooling the end user into thinking they have something they dont

other than one image, that wasnt meant for public release, that a member called newboy uploaded, that locked people out of their receivers, there has been no rouge code released for any of TMs receivers

TM has its own bootloader, the image is openPLi, so while it IS possible that a timebomb could be created, that can be said about ANY receiver on the market today

Scaremongering IMO

Drembox Clone or Enigma2 Clone is same for those people.i think is big risk...that my Opinion.

the Vu+ duo boxes are open to exactly the same attack in that case, as openPLi is also written for those receivers, so a rogue bit of code inserted into openPLi without anyone noticing could wipe out every Vu+ duo receiver just as easily, especially if it doesnt have its own unique boot loader

if someone wanted to, they could wipe out ANY receiver

Hi, I see on the PLi site the following information with regard to the TM800HD:

"never seen or heard of it, so if there is an PLi image for it, it is NOT ours!"
"we have NO development besides the Dreamboxes and VU boxes, so no technomate."

Would the firmware be a PLi opensource image developed by the UR Team?

Before anyone accuses me of knocking the TM800HD, I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and am greatly looking forward to its delivery.

Is business that bad?

It's only going to get worse with this new government LoL

Hi, I see on the PLi site the following information with regard to the TM800HD:

"never seen or heard of it, so if there is an PLi image for it, it is NOT ours!"
"we have NO development besides the Dreamboxes and VU boxes, so no technomate."

Would the firmware be a PLi opensource image developed by the UR Team?

Before anyone accuses me of knocking the TM800HD, I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and am greatly looking forward to its delivery.

In digidude video is show pli-e2 ur image loading so it could be a modified image?

Only digidude and ur team know for sure!

digidude

can you not do a proper review like they do with other equipment ?

like built quality, tested stuff done with the box, and plugins tried with the box, zap speed etc ?

me and my dad both waiting for this box lol

My satellite supplier is collecting my boxes on Monday so we should start seeing the images/tools posted here soon?

Cant wait to get mine and post a full review the middle of next week.:proud::proud::proud:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back