New Style Image Scanning issues

gcn504

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just returned from holiday and found that my old sportster image no longer works due to the issues others have seen with the cc making changes.

I have therefore tried several of the new images (I have also done in the past and experienced the same issues)

So I'm running a Sagem 2x and whenever I;ve tried a new style image (those that have different scanning) the results of the scans are usually low (number of channels found). Whereas the old style scans on images like pacino 1.0 & sportster found 300+

I've tried Fastscan off and running a Bruteforce which finds approx 100 the first time it runs.

I've tried a Commando v4, Pacino v2.1 and more recently DW UK 2 & TX UK 2.

My understanding was by turning fastscan off and reverting to Bruteforce it would be business as usual but it nevers seems to find the appropriate number of channels?

Also, what is the best course of action for further scans when it comes to the Bouquets? So, I flash image load my old bouquet and then perform a service scan - this will find say 100 channels (both radio and tv): if I then perform a follow up scan: what do you put in the bouquet section of the scan: "leave current" "update" so that my bouquets are kept and updated? This may sound an obvious question but I've had strange results.

Has anyone else had issues with the newer style images and if so was there a resolution?

Thanks in advance

Take any splitters out of the loop and put the feed straight to the box.
Try Cryo's sporster ultra, once flashed change to 1.73 mode via the blue button
and do a slow scan(about 40 mins) and see if it picks them up then.
If it does transfer your files to your pc so you can put them in
any other image you flash after that
Bouquet=leave existing
all new channels will be in the andre/others bouquet.

Take any splitters out of the loop and put the feed straight to the box.
Try Cryo's sporster ultra, once flashed change to 1.73 mode via the blue button
and do a slow scan(about 40 mins) and see if it picks them up then.
If it does transfer your files to your pc so you can put them in
any other image you flash after that
Bouquet=leave existing
all new channels will be in the andre/others bouquet.

I have been running Cryo SP Pro Ultra 1.8b for months now w/out issue until whatever happened in the last 2 weeks (I've read about N t l rolling out some new software as this affected lots of people) caused the box to stop decoding encrypted channels (non-fta).

Is this the image you refer to and what does 1.7.3 do and will it work in spite of the recent n t l changes?

Thanks

Well I went ahead and did what you suggested and sure enough my old sportster image is working again (I dont understand why as I thought I was suffering from the emu issue from last week).

Thanks Fergalsworld for your help in this matter. Once again someone on this forum saves the day for me.

Well I went ahead and did what you suggested and sure enough my old sportster image is working again (I dont understand why as I thought I was suffering from the emu issue from last week).

Thanks Fergalsworld for your help in this matter. Once again someone on this forum saves the day for me.

Hi mate,

I'm having the same issues as you described and funny enough I'm in exactly the same area as you.

Looks like your issues are fixed so I was just wondering if you could sort me out with the services.xml and bouquets.xml for our region?

Thanks,
Menacez

Having re-read Fergals' I realised I hadn't quite done what he'd suggested: I've managed to get my old sportster image working doing what he suggested (putting it in 1.7.3 mode) so stopped there. However, as I said I'm unsure why this old image is working again in light of what was reported last week and what I found upon my return from holiday.

When I get home from work I'll try taking the services from there and trying a newer image again.

Having re-read Fergals' I realised I hadn't quite done what he'd suggested: I've managed to get my old sportster image working doing what he suggested (putting it in 1.7.3 mode) so stopped there. However, as I said I'm unsure why this old image is working again in light of what was reported last week and what I found upon my return from holiday.

When I get home from work I'll try taking the services from there and trying a newer image again.

Ok thanks mate. At mo, I do a scan and I only get 167 TV chans max! Counting on my NTL box, its 197 chans in total (TV only).

Would be grateful if you could please upload your /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml & /var/tuxbox/config/zapit/bouquets.xml

Cheers mate,
Menacez

It's something I've noticed for several months now. Images newer than Sportster 1.8 don't scan so well when the signal is not great, my solution is to keep a Sportster 1.7ultra handy and use it to scan when necessary and use the scanned services file with the newer image.

It's something I've noticed for several months now. Images newer than Sportster 1.8 don't scan so well when the signal is not great, my solution is to keep a Sportster 1.7ultra handy and use it to scan when necessary and use the scanned services file with the newer image.

Yep i do the same ultra 1.8b scan in 1.73 mode transfer to new image works every time.

Cheers

Yep i do the same ultra 1.8b scan in 1.73 mode transfer to new image works every time.

Cheers

Trouble is where can I get sportster 1.73 UK version from anywhere? I know the normal 1.73 is there but I had probs getting it going..

Thanks,

Trouble is where can I get sportster 1.73 UK version from anywhere? I know the normal 1.73 is there but I had probs getting it going..

Thanks,
This is the one you need
Cryo Sporster Pro 1.02 Ultra
After flashing press blue maybe twice and change to sporstermode 1.73
Its in the downloads.

This is the one you need
Cryo Sporster Pro 1.02 Ultra
After flashing press blue maybe twice and change to sporstermode 1.73
Its in the downloads.

Thanks mate - seen you about in almost all popular forums helping out - great contribution to the scene :)

Menacez,

Let me know how you get on: I've just successfully loaded the new image using the services file from a sportster generated image. I'm in the Aldershot/Farnboro/Guildford area so if you need the services file for this area let me know but it may just be better for you to follow what Fergalsworld has said.

Thanks again to Fergalsworld

Menacez,

Let me know how you get on: I've just successfully loaded the new image using the services file from a sportster generated image. I'm in the Aldershot/Farnboro/Guildford area so if you need the services file for this area let me know but it may just be better for you to follow what Fergalsworld has said.

Thanks again to Fergalsworld

Will do m8 - Just out of interest whats your SNR from red > blue? Mines only 60000 which is prolly why I can't scan all chans. BTW, this is a direct connection from the main feed coming from the green ntl box to my house... so no attentuators or splitters involved...

Will do m8 - Just out of interest whats your SNR from red > blue? Mines only 60000 which is prolly why I can't scan all chans. BTW, this is a direct connection from the main feed coming from the green ntl box to my house... so no attentuators or splitters involved...
55000 is minimum 60000 should be ok best is about 64000.
You will have one splitter/isolator its in the white box on the wall.
You could get a cable joiner b&q 98p and take it out off the loop
whats your sig level.

55000 is minimum 60000 should be ok best is about 64000.
You will have one splitter/isolator its in the white box on the wall.
You could get a cable joiner b&q 98p and take it out off the loop
whats your sig level.

Yep thats what I did - got a one-one joiner from my grey box outside and then checked out SNR which was still 60000 - am only getting 167 chans while my NTL box gets 197 TV chans...

So flashed image with cryo sportster as you recommended and now just install yWeb 2.01UK - only prob is, its squasfs so / is read only .... put the libstdc++.so.6 in /var/lib since I cant write to /lib but damn nhttpd daemon doesn't want to start coz it cant find that lib ... Tried to do a sym link (ln -s) but no joy - I hear theres a way to get squashfs in read/write but I was hoping just to edit /var/tuxbox/config/nhttpd.conf adding something like:

LIB_DIR=/var/lib ....

Any ideas m8

Yep thats what I did - got a one-one joiner from my grey box outside and then checked out SNR which was still 60000 - am only getting 167 chans while my NTL box gets 197 TV chans...

So flashed image with cryo sportster as you recommended and now just install yWeb 2.01UK - only prob is, its squasfs so / is read only .... put the libstdc++.so.6 in /var/lib since I cant write to /lib but damn nhttpd daemon doesn't want to start coz it cant find that lib ... Tried to do a sym link (ln -s) but no joy - I hear theres a way to get squashfs in read/write but I was hoping just to edit /var/tuxbox/config/nhttpd.conf adding something like:

LIB_DIR=/var/lib ....

Any ideas m8

Been a while since I played but doesn't that version have a squashfs editor built in ?.

So flashed image with cryo sportster as you recommended
have you changed to sporster 1.73 mode blue button menu and done a scan
to see how many channels it finds.

Been a while since I played but doesn't that version have a squashfs editor built in ?.

As far as I have read but not sure what the script name is for squashfs m8

EDIT:

thought I found the script but no joy:

/tmp/root/lib # mksquashfs /tmp/root/lib/libstdc\+\+.so.6 /lib/libstdc++.so.6
Could not create destination file: Read-only file system

looks like mksquashfs is to make the actual file system but does not allow edit. I read somewhere that cryo sportster has a built-in editor but i believe that only applied with cryo 1.0.2 Ultra1.3 - i'm running cryo 1.0.2 Ultra1.4b

Last edited:
have you changed to sporster 1.73 mode blue button menu and done a scan
to see how many channels it finds.

You see heres my dillema; box is in my room with no physical TV connected to it and no easy to see visible access to it. Am on wifi while the mrs is ZZZzz so gotta be quiet and do everything remotely hence the need for yWeb with fbshot etc.

Thanks

Back