new s/w update for A780 25/05/2013

usual rules apply as a factory reset/rescan is done afterwards.

yes online update by remote.

Last edited:
i take it its an online update only?

some boxes are stalling on the 100% and not rebooting,it is been looked at,previous firmware still works if the worst happens.

Can you help, i'm not great with technology, i have a kv a780 and i've lost all the 'good' channels, what do i do now, i've tried a s/w but that goes to 100% and keeps reading downloading started (how long should i leave it) i've also tried a default setting and new set up seach but to no use, please advice thanks

you need to manually download new firmware by null modem cable

you will need the kryptview Loader Click on the green download button on the Loader Once you have pressed the download button you will see another box
Press open and select the Bin file that you saved to your desktop Now turn off your Kryptview press Start then turn the Kryptview back on the Loader should start

if computer does not have RS232 port can you use USB/RS232 cable and which port would you select if possible, thanks

yes they work fine i have flashed lots of boxes with rs232 usb converter

some boxes are stalling on the 100% and not rebooting,it is been looked at,previous firmware still works if the worst happens.
it happens because the box has old sw march 2012 or older on it so maybe teach them to update regularly ,also when you update a box via lan to 26th may sw you can download over and over as it does not recognise that box already has 26th may on it allready

November 12 updates to 26 may no problem never heard of any problems with 780 and superhub updates ,only 850 updates are blocked ,I don't need it its easy enough to lift off an updated box but thanks anyway
cheers alex

had loads of people stuck on the 100% so having the file more available helps others:Biggrin2:

that's what happens if they have sw too old to update ie march 2012 or older it fails at 100% nobody to blame but themselves .
cheers m8

i havedownloaded new software done a factory scan done automatic search and not all the channels are there, is anyone having same problem.

are you scanning from main feed,also note providers and net ids are changing never assume you are correct,net ids can only be got off a providers box to be 100% sure.
i believe some of the +1 may not work.

hi catikid, i am not very good at this as i am in my 70s what do you mean by main feed.

main feed means scanning from the strongest point on coaxial cable so as not to use splitters or extensions as they will reduce your signal level.....................if you have splitters remove them and plug in the box there to scan.

on another note there maybe an other s/w online update 26052013

Back