*NEW* REPLAY UPDATE 742 GLITCHING FIX + EPG NOW Available in Downloads Section

Ah, scratch that, have sussed it out, and got 742a working just dandy. Epg is much better as is picture quality with this image.

Big_Boss_Kung_Fu_Kid said:
Awrite m8,

You were saying about the glitching possibly being down to poor signal strength and that a booster would sort the problem!

What type of booster just a normal tv aerial booster?

It might be a daff question but just want to make sure.

Cheers

a normal TV aerial booster should do the job if u do a search in forum u may get the code n exact item its been posted many times. same as some dbox users are using.

Regards,
Elite

elite786 said:
lol, gud to hear u got it sorted. do u mind sharing with otherse what u did so it may help them if they have the same prob?

:Cheers:

Elite786

Sure! Was simply using the wrong pin at the parental lock menu. Using 0000 (default pin) gets me into the menu but no Key Manager, it seems after a software upgrade you must use 7777 to get access to the red Key Manager button again - didn't realise.

Elementary mistake really.

Thanks for the new image, EPG is much improved, am getting about 24 hrs ahead now with SmellyVest in fife.

subtitles

thanks for info on turning subbies off dont i feel like a comlpete t... oh well it my age lol
thanks
ps new image is still working without probs,apart from i sometimes have to reset password when i switch on,no big deal but thought i would mention it

I must be blind as well as stupid, I can't see the info re turning off the subs.

Sorry guys found it. Note to self "open eyes and torn on brain"

AndyDean said:
Sure! Was simply using the wrong pin at the parental lock menu. Using 0000 (default pin) gets me into the menu but no Key Manager, it seems after a software upgrade you must use 7777 to get access to the red Key Manager button again - didn't realise.

Elementary mistake really.

Thanks for the new image, EPG is much improved, am getting about 24 hrs ahead now with SmellyVest in fife.

Easily done mate! ive done it afew times too ;) ssshhh!!! lol

Thanks for sharing mate.

Elite786

bonehead said:
thanks for info on turning subbies off dont i feel like a comlpete t... oh well it my age lol
thanks
ps new image is still working without probs,apart from i sometimes have to reset password when i switch on,no big deal but thought i would mention it

lol not a problem mate, happens to the best of us. good to see your happy with the new image!

@@@ JonMMM its cus u work too hard mate! ur always at work lol!

Take a break!

Elite786

replay box

hi all
i am very pleased with my box no freezing epg 24 hours plus,can now get subtitles off perfect ,well almost,what hapens here is when i switch off after a min or two,it says boot,then a timer apears on lcd screen,counts up by the minute,is there a way i can switch this off.
hard drive on the way,hope i can manage to record to it
cheers

bonehead said:
hi all
i am very pleased with my box no freezing epg 24 hours plus,can now get subtitles off perfect ,well almost,what hapens here is when i switch off after a min or two,it says boot,then a timer apears on lcd screen,counts up by the minute,is there a way i can switch this off.
hard drive on the way,hope i can manage to record to it
cheers

Simple solution don't put the box into standby mode leave it on

Merseyside

Scallypest

Seagate 7200 120Gb HDD

Can of 1664 :Cheers:

OK, Just flashed this, was reluctant at first as the 740 image did not see the HDD, but thought hey ho, lets go

This image sees the HDD so thats 1 point
Picture looks sharper so thats 2 points
Remote Control seems to work better, faster and has more range?? so thats another point
EPG on Disney Channel went up to tomorrow midday so thats another point
And it has not glitched yet so thats another point
5 - 5 up to now.
Will try recording and edit this post as it goes.

Still seems OK, a couple of days on, still getting an EPG for the day and some of tomorrow, but there seems to be a bit of glitching, might get an atenuator and give that a go and see what happens then.

Last edited:
JUMPING AND BLOCKY PICTURE AND DODGY SOUND
====================================

putting it plain and simple

either a:: you have a weak signal

or

b:: to strong a signal

answer to a:: Get yourself a slx1p tv amp WITH adjustable gain.

or

answer to b:: Get yourself a attenuator

or maybe like me you have to A: amp it. B: attenuate it then C: Adjust the gain on the amp. to D: solve the problem..... mix n match my friend always has been always will be especially if like me you only sub to the bband service and not the tv AND your wires are as old as the oldest services they used to supply in the old days..before digital.

although on the other hand....i might be wrong :FRIGHT:

i have tv and broadband i have tried it on both booster made the picture ok but no the egp anntenuator was no good it was just the same believe me i have tried almost everything its just the same now and next. the booster halp my gliches thats all the clock still goes off and the box still reboots its self.

very impressed stopped the glitching and seems all round more reliable

big up guys

tw
birmingham area

Relay box in the Caribbean

Yip 742a worked great a little sticking when recorging but this was because the 30gig seagate was coming up to full THEN the local cable company did a KEY change and bam no channels but i have a dreambox which i was able to get new key files for and upload. The Dreambox showed on screen the keys and i manualy loaded them in the RELAY BOX and yippe i was back up and running but alas another key change and no channels NO KEY UPDATE
any ideas Guys.

Sutitles with Replay 742a

Just upgraded from software ver.740 to 742a because the only problem that i was having was constant subtitles coming on, but it is doing it more so with this update. I have checked all settings of TV AND DVD and def nothing to do with them, cannot find any way in menu of replay box as to turn them off- only a menu part for which language u want. Has any body had this or got this prob at mo or is it so obvious iam missing it. Any ideas please.

Back