*NEW* REPLAY UPDATE 742 GLITCHING FIX + EPG NOW Available in Downloads Section

elite786

Inactive User
Reaction score
somewhere with my tool set, looking for Action ;)
Hi guys its Finally here the long awaited Fix for the excellent Replaybox. A few things about the New update.

This update is final for the glitching issue a hand full of people where having, Most of the developement time was spent on curing this issue.

The EPG has been extended and you should get more than now and next you should the Full EPG for the whole day atleast.

so if you would kindly post your results here please,

please include your CC provider
your Area,
How long ur EPG is
any comments or issues

Thank you to all the people who waited Patiently for this update, a great deal of time had gone in to producing this latest release. I can assure you of the commitment and dedication put in to producing future updates for this Excellent peice of kit.

Many thanks

Regards,
Elite786

*****UPDATE
***I have also noticed a sharper and clearer picture, this has also been stated by many with feedback i have received. ***
***Glitching has been cured in many Telepest areas up to 99%***

afew things i would like to mention also, people that havent noticed a difference, i reccomend u try a signal booster. this has cured many peoples problems running the new 742 image. please carry on posting your results

Thank you

*****UPDATE on subtitle issue
***For people having subtitle problems please do the following: press YELLOW (the subtitle button) then EXIT. This will turn them off!

Last edited:
im on N:L in notts area and my epg is still the same just now and next and still goes onto a diffrent channel when seeing whats on, amd getting some small amount of glitich no where near as bad as before

nstokes said:
im on N:L in notts area and my epg is still the same just now and next and still goes onto a diffrent channel when seeing whats on, amd getting some small amount of glitich no where near as bad as before

ive been told the EPG will take a few hours maybe up to 12 hours or more to fully catch the EPG listing from the CC's, its just starting to warm up :)

Thanks for posting ur results mate.

Regards,
Elite786

i think the glitcing is worse than last image as it glitches every2 secs now unless i pause for 5 secs and then play, which makes it slightly better

After a few more images we might have the perfect image i have had no glitching watsover so far and epg is great now get a full days listing and a small bit of the next day,only problem i have had is have had subtitles come on on some channels and cant get rid of them.WHAT WE STILL NEED IS WHEN YOUR IN EPG I WOULD LIKE TO SCROLL THROU CHANNELS WITHOUT IT CHANGING CHANNEL AND WHEN IN FAVS FOULDER IT TELL YOU WHATS ON THE CHANNEL NEXT TO THE CHANNEL NAME.

Im in a telewest area in fife

Is it just me or has the key manager option disappeared from the menu as i need to access this in order for the box to update.

NteaSmell Beds area
EPG, seems to be the same, been running for the whole night, nothing new.
The box seems to react faster than before, channel changing is definately quicker and the little glitch when changing to a new channel (picture kind of slowed for a second then sped up) is now 99% fixed.

I read that the EPG issue may take 24 hours to pick up so we'll see tomorrow.
When scrolling channels in the epg and the preview changing to the different channel... that wold be a good reccomendation fro a fix in the next firmware.

Last edited:
UPDATE
***I have also noticed a sharper and clearer picture, this has also been stated by many with feedback i have received. ***
***Glitching has been cured in many Telepest areas up to 99%***

afew things i would like to mention also, people that havent noticed a difference, i reccomend u try a signal booster. this has cured many peoples problems running the new 742 image. some areas have a weak signal or if your running multiple boxs the signal is reduced.

people checking EPG scroll to the channel and wait for a few seconds can take up to 20 secs for full EPG reading. The update was produced to cure the glitching problem mainly the EPG is a bonus at the moment and still under developement.

Regards,
Elite786

glitching new image

i cannot coment too much as i only got box yesterday afternoon dead easy to get up and running,seemed to freeze a little,just for a second or so,this morning i put new files on,touch wood it hasnt froze yet been on now 3 hours,so hears hoping

just put 742a on my box this morning it look ok but the egp is the same but there is one or 2 channel that does have longer egp than 2 hour will the other channel catch up ..... like s-y cinema goes about 8 hours long ..? just notice this after leaving my box on for a few hour ill leave it and check it in a few hours more thanks .:)

bloodstone1964 said:
just put 742a on my box this morning it look ok but the egp is the same but there is one or 2 channel that does have longer egp than 2 hour will the other channel catch up ..... like s-y cinema goes about 8 hours long ..? just notice this after leaving my box on for a few hour ill leave it and check it in a few hours more thanks .:)

your EPG should catch up, can take up to 12 hours or more for it to fully catch the EPG info form ur CC.

Elite786

Last edited:
fined update

hi mate can you tell me were i will get the update from as i can not fined it as i have looked all over for it and still can not fined it thanx

RE: Replay Box Signal

Awrite m8,

You were saying about the glitching possibly being down to poor signal strength and that a booster would sort the problem!

What type of booster just a normal tv aerial booster?

It might be a daff question but just want to make sure.

Cheers

Well this update has screwed my box up, the key manager has gone! If i go to User Install, then Parental Lock the red button just aint there. What's more, when i roll back to 740 and 738 it aint there either.

Back