New radiator not getting warm

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Had an extension built with a 'mancave' in the loft above it.I had some central heating pipes ran up to it so i could put a radiator in at a later time.Just plumbed one in and I can't get any flow through it?
Tried shutting all the rads bar that one,tried bleeding it and upped the pressure but it's not having it?
Any other suggestions I could try?

When you bleed the radiator in question does water come out of it.

Do the pipes get warm that go to the radiator in question. I would say there is a blockage or airlock if no water or air are coming out of the rad.

I would uncouple the water in rad valve on the radiator in question and see if water comes out of it.

Do the pipes get warm that go to the radiator in question. I would say there is a blockage or airlock if no water or air are coming out of the rad.
No but I did feel the pipes when they were fitted before I fitted the rad and they were warm
I would uncouple the water in rad valve on the radiator in question and see if water comes out of it.
Will give it a go

No but I did feel the pipes when they were fitted before I fitted the rad and they were warm

Will give it a go
Make sure you turn off all the other radiators first before uncoupling the radiator.

as this is the highest rad in the system i would say air lock
drain the full system and open bleed valve in loft while filling
should hear the air rush out and then close and water reaches valve

Back