New Plugin Key Update GUI - COMPLETED

hi falk if i download this plugin will it auto update my keys everytime they change.

no, as that is the emu that we are waiting on

this is to update the keys manually

i think i better wait 4 new emu as i expert now how to change key manually.

LOl, ain't we all now but it is useful to help others who aren't comfortable with file directories

Where do u manually enter your keys. e.g folders and file name

I go into tuxbox commander - var/keys/keylist.txt and manually edit the keys

I can see that the file at usr/keys becomes the same as my edited one in var keys, it seems to be a copy . .

theres no need to wreck your head with it mate, i am happy enough with the manual method I'm using,
I just like messing with the boxes and would like to have added the plugin if it worked..:Cheers:

Hi, I'm using DW1.6 and copied the gui files to the var/tuxbox folder on dreambox, how do I activate it to use it, I can't find it anywhere in the plugins after reboot. Sorry if I'm a bit of a twit, but would like to try it out. Thanks

checked with Gemini for DM600 works fine. One more suggestion is,

Is it possible get the current (incorrect) key from the keylist.txt file first. Since always only one digit that need to be changed.

The DreamBoxEditor_v1.01 is now in the Download Area.

Downloads » CABLE SECTION » CABLE DREAMBOX » TOOLS AND PACKAGES

Cheers Shadow-Lord,makes things easier,thanks for the time and effort.rep added.

I am losing my marbles, I have not been able to upload this at all, tried Smart Telnet via FW Pro, WinSCP in FTP mode and also Directory Opus but always get a 'failed to write the file' error, tried to install FireFTP into Firefox but that seems to have gotten corrupted so guess it's doing the manual changes for me.

Last edited:
Good work.

Shame no-one tried to create a plugin to automatically download the data from the internet (perhaps from the same source as the BigMaq toolbar) for boxes which are networked.

Last edited:
First off thanks for the release, it's very much appreciated by some like my aunt who can't FTP into her box, for several reasons, like myself.

I know this is only a (temporary) workaround but is it possible for this software to "remember" (store) the last entered keys?

This is the first thing that I thought. Maybe it could write a second file called lastkeys.txt and if the file is present upon the plugin loading can call the contents of the file so only the changed key needs editing.

:)

I am losing my marbles, I have not been able to upload this at all, tried Smart Telnet via FW Pro, WinSCP in FTP mode and also Directory Opus but always get a 'failed to write the file' error, tried to install FireFTP into Firefox but that seems to have gotten corrupted so guess it's doing the manual changes for me.

hi had same problem, i did a factory reset and the all worked fine, although, i do find ftp with dcc and copy and paste much easier!

Hi, Where to put The DreamBoxEditor_v1.01? Which folder/dir?

Back