new pc background i made

Heres one i did from a pre made background and i've altered the lighting and i added the female head from the other picture.

DT.jpg

he cant do it because he stole the picture you can clearly see where hes cut it, cant anyone see where its been trimmed, at most hes added a bit of lighting, woowoo lol
my 11 year old daughter can copy and past stuff lol

looking a bit closer its just 5 layers, 2 layers of the stolen picture of the woman (cropped), one layer with the swirly background, one layer to make it all look fuzzy and 1 layer with another stolen image of the light anomaly (cropped) or what ever it is on the left.
It certainly doesn't appear to be an original. Apart from the trimming you mentioned, the female character looks like she's been scaled up from something smaller, which an original artist of that quality would surely not do, and there are issues with the background layers, which again makes the whole thing seem far more amateurish than you would expect from the artist who painted the female character.

Seriously though, who in their right mind would plagerise the cover image of a computer game and try to pass it off as their own?! :err:

It's almost guaranteed that someone would recognise it, BTW, Senor Ding Dong did all the detective work not me :)

While I'm at it, I've been tinkering around with a few old oil paints that I found in a skip and I knocked this little painting together, what you guys think, it's entirely my own work....

mona.jpg

Last edited:
your all a load of f**king t*ssers i never told you i made the pic of the lady i told you i made the backgrond the lady is a render f*ck you all b*lls to this forum im sick of it get a life and admin fell free to ban me cos ill not be back emailed to about this and just cos he donated to your site the rules don,e apply what a loads of s*it

your all a load of f**king t*ssers i never told you i made the pic of the lady i told you i made the backgrond the lady is a render f*ck you all b*lls to this forum im sick of it get a life and admin fell free to ban me cos ill not be back emailed to about this and just cos he donated to your site the rules don,e apply what a loads of s*it

Brian chill matey i never said you made the pic of the lady i was being constructive in my posts on how to blend it in that was all i think.

:grayno: Calm down.
You didn't exactly say you didn't draw the woman when asked if you could record your technique either. To refresh:
brian, excellent work,

i know this a huge thing to ask, but is it possible for you to record the next character you draw, and upload it, ?

always like seeing how stuff like this is done,

hi mate i can not do that as my pc is slow and cs3 takes a lot to run but as soon as i get a new pc ill do it ok mate sorry

For what it's worth, I quite often find pics of actresses I like and make desktop backgrounds of them. If I want to share them I could upload to DW, skins.be or pinkdevils, but I would clear up any misconceptions that I'd taken the original photo...

Cool it brian m8. You said in your original post that the picture was a background you made. This implies that you yourself created the picture as a desktop background. If you had been more honest and credited the source I think people would have judged it on its true merits. Now you're trying to backtrack and justify yourself as well as doing a good impression of a childish tantrum.

:)
another tread thats getting a little out of hand :(

don't take it to heart Brian ;) I'm sure a lot of members are enjoying your work
also some members do have some valid points here and seem to be offering you advice rather than criticism

I'm not sure the freebies section is the right place to post,maybe a thread in PC section with all piccys in that one thread ?
some nice piccys though :)

Are you really 31 years old?

You're acting like an 8 year old.

Almost reminds me of this thread I found listed on Digg: hxxp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3159/2807838577_83cbed0126_o.jpg?t=1053139

Back