New patches TM68/6900Super+TM5402HD

TM-5402 HD
Software 1.24p

Menu/System Info shows 1.24p Aug 27 2012
Menu does not crash the box as with some previous releases.
CAS and BISS menu buttons appear. Were missing on some previous releases.
BISS decryption working normally.

Youtube all working as "normal". Some vids load, some stutter, some fine.
I never noticed the blue loading swirl before. Is that new?

1149 Hardstation. Works normally Hardstation 1&2

Motor jam between sats on channel change - seems to be cured. This has been a problem since 1.15p approx. Good fix !

Checked Softcam with keys generated today in TM Maker 1.5

Obviously , cant test C+NL at present.
Bulsat @ 39°East Irdeto2 channels OK
Rai @13°East 10992 V 27500 Seca August OK
AustriaSat Cryptoworks @ 19.2East OK
ORF Digital + HD Cryptoworks @ 19.2East OK
Mezzo 12245 H 27500 @ 13East OK
Ant 1 europe @ 39East 11052 V 30000 OK
12111 H 27500 Sirius 4 @ 4.8°East Cryptoworks channels only OK
TV Globo Internacional @ 13East OK

TNT @ 19.2East NOT FIXED
SD Channels freezing every 6 seconds.
HD versions of these channels working fine.

Not sure anything has changed in the softcam dept. I expect C+NL would be fine if we had keys as it was ok on 1.23p

CCCam clearing all major providers Uk, Spain, Nordic, Netherlands, Portugal. Instant clear.
Italy, JSC sports and SCT on 13e Taking 3 minutes to clear.
Germany freezes after a few mins. Repeated this a few times.

The only thing I lose by going back to 1.12p is YouTube and 7 day sky epg.
What I gain is better CCcam performance, better softcam performance.
Re-e-e-wind.

Thanks Chopps mate, will try it out tomorrow for myself, but does seem to be 'promising'!
Cheers mate!:Biggrin2:

No probs.

Now the motor jam bug is solved, I just wish the cccam was as good as it was 1 year ago at 1.12p.
Definitely gone backwards with softcam and ccam support since 1.12 in August 2011.

Things that worked perfectly this time last year now don't work.

Stuttering softcams and CCCam failing to clear are recent bugs introduced. Older software doesnt have these problems.

I look forward to the input from the other members here who use the blind scan. Is that fixed?

yep. 117p is great apart from the motor jam fault. Ir's a coin toss for me . Do I want 7 day epg (117) or a working motor (112)?

Hi again all,

@chopps
Many thanks for your excellent review mate...

I look forward to the input from the other members here who use the blind scan. Is that fixed

No change mate... so it's back to Phantompatch 117 for me again... this is getting ridiculous now... still nothing has been done to amend/improve the Blind Search scanner in Phantompatch 124

So why is it that the Blind search scanner in the latest patch for the TM 5302 HD (the cheaper slimmed-down version of the TM 5402 HD allegedly) gets amended/improved and has had all new added extras as well... but these amendments/improvements/added extras have not been incorporated into the latest patch for the TM 5402 HD... why...?

I can feel another rant coming on... so I think I better stop now... lol

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi again all,

@chopps
Many thanks for your excellent review mate...

No change mate... so it's back to Phantompatch 117 for me again... this is getting ridiculous now... still nothing has been done to amend/improve the Blind Search scanner in Phantompatch 124

So why is it that the Blind search scanner in the latest patch for the TM 5302 HD (the cheaper slimmed-down version of the TM 5402 HD allegedly) gets amended/improved and has had all new added extras as well... but these amendments/improvements/added extras have not been incorporated into the latest patch for the TM 5402 HD... why...?

I can feel another rant coming on... so I think I better stop now... lol

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Yes mate I agree, I really do have to keep myself in check too nowadays concerning TM's apparent total stupidity!
As you say how can they get things right on one - and not on another patch?
This is another reason why its months now since I requested a 'universal' patch where although obviously each receiver usually needs a separate patch, that patch on each does exactly the same things on ALL - except of course where the newer models can actually do more anyway, e.g. Youtube,etc.
Please TM try to merge in all the functions into ALL the patches so they are ALL consistent with each other!
I think I also suggested MONTHS ago that surely this should not be rocket science for the well qualified and technically aware technicians you employ?
Plus I bet they are being well paid to provide us with all this rubbish?:Mad2:

Hi, I've managed to try out quite a lot across the new patch, so using our friend Chopps template:-

Re: New patches TM68/6900Super

Patch no. 748P:

.Menu/System Info shows 748P August 27 2012
Menu does not crash the box as with some previous releases.
CAS and BISS menu buttons appear OK.
BISS decryption working normally.
(However Biss keys previously entered on patch 726P, e.g. PLTV HD 10E, BBC HD channels at 27.5W, etc have all disappeared and will need re-entering & setting up!)

The blue loading swirl IS there as before & not therefore new!

Cannot test 1149 Hardstation on 6900HD Super?

Motor jam between sats on channel change - seems to be cured. This has been a problem since 741p approx. Good fix !

Checked Softcam with keys generated today in TM Maker 1.5

Obviously , cant test C+NL at present.
Bulsat @ 39°East Irdeto2 channels OK
Rai @13°East 10992 V 27500 Seca August OK
AustriaSat Cryptoworks @ 19.2East OK
ORF Digital + HD Cryptoworks @ 19.2East OK
Mezzo 12245 H 27500 @ 13East OK
Ant 1 europe @ 39East 11052 V 30000 OK
12111 H 27500 Sirius 4 @ 4.8°East Cryptoworks channels only OK
TV Globo Internacional @ 13East OK

TNT @ 19.2East NOT FIXED
SD Channels freezing every 6 seconds.
HD versions of these channels working fine.

Not sure anything has changed in the softcam dept. I expect C+NL would be fine if we had keys as it was ok on 747p

PLTV HD 10E not yet tested for jerkiness/audio sync as I have to re-enter keys!

CCCam clearing all major providers Uk, Spain, Nordic, Netherlands, Portugal. Instant clear.
Greece clears 30 secs on 13E
Italy, JSC sports and SCT on 13e Taking 1-2 minutes to clear for ME - but not the 5mins plus it was on 747P!
(SCT HD 13E freezes after 2 secs, having taken up to 5 mins to clear - unlike on patch 726P where it works perfectly without freezes!!)
Germany freezes after a few mins. Repeated this a few times.
This is only my FIRST trial, but intend staying on 748P a little longer than I did on 747P - so I can test it much more thoroughly!
So far so much better! :drink:

Last edited:
Hi holmroad et al,

Did you know that there is also new TM Original Software (v7.48) available for the TM 6800/6900 HD Super+ receivers...?

TM6800HDSuper_748-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)
TM6900HDSuper_748-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)

It is not showing up on the Official Technomate website yet... but it has been posted in the Download Centre...

Download center

There is also new TM Original Software posted for...

TM6902HDT2_12327-08-2012.stb (5.9MB)

Download center

TM7100HD_148-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)
TM7102HDT2_123-27-08-2012.stb (6.0MB)

Download center

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Hi all, bit late clocking in. Been testing this evening.

TM 6900 super HD Combo.
80 cm motorised.

Patch 748p onto 747stb orig (Many thanks for patch Phantom)

Softcam and Biss
Only problem found as with last patch C+France TNT Sd freezing Hd ok
PLTV seems ok
Cannot check C+ NL at this time.

Motor search seems ok.

8281 not checked.
Would help if note was put in patch informing of updates.

@ Zorch re 748stb orig ..well spotted,cheers. I always look on TM site for latest when loading patch. Not their yet.
@ Holmroad Biss keys did not dissapear for me, went from 737p to 747stb, then 748 patch. Reloaded previous channel list. Nice comprehensive report.

@ chopps also nice comprehensive report.

Thats it for today. Goodnight guys.

Hi holmroad et al,

Did you know that there is also new TM Original Software (v7.48) available for the TM 6800/6900 HD Super+ receivers...?

TM6800HDSuper_748-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)
TM6900HDSuper_748-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)

It is not showing up on the Official Technomate website yet... but it has been posted in the Download Centre...

Download center

There is also new TM Original Software posted for...

TM6902HDT2_12327-08-2012.stb (5.9MB)

Download center

TM7100HD_148-27-08-2012.stb (4.4MB)
TM7102HDT2_123-27-08-2012.stb (6.0MB)

Download center

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Thanks mate - and no, I hadnt noticed the original software, so will start all over again in testing to see if it improves further as I used 745 firmware with patch 748P!
Report back later!:Biggrin2:

Futher to above test did not mention.
Motor setting usuals
Blind scan on 0.8w found 535 ch in 12 min.
PLTV signal strength. Level 80 Quality 72.

Loaded 748orig this morning then patch been testing.
This time lost BISS settings.
Also motor jammed couple of times. Pressed goto sattelite each time ok at moment. Will continue checking.
Also noticed when switched on does a chkdsk.

748p seems a little faster on channel (transponder) change and a bit quicker in reading the usb drive, which gives the feel of a stabler patch than 747p

PLTV HD on 10E using patch 748P:-

This channel PLTV HD on 10E is STILL jerking really badly after approx 45 secs - so this still needs sorting please Phantom!
The sound (audio) sync also still gradually goes out more & more the longer you leave it!

NB: PLTV is still totally fine with patch 726P!:Biggrin2:

Will give this a try on my 6800super. I've not updated since 7.45p as I was sick of having to go through all the audio settings per channel to set audio to high. But as 7.45p has been so unstable and has infact many times reset audio to medium all by itself then I've nothing to lose if TM (sorry I mean Phant0m, lol!) have not fixed the audio levels! I just hope other features like 7 day epg work properly and don't crash the stb. Will also give the latest patch a whirl on my 5402 as it would be good if hardstation 1 & 2 work again.

I'm not holding high expectations for either patch but as current patches have proven to be a small step forward for mankind but a giant leap backwards for progress, then I have FA to lose.

I will post my finding but probably won't need too as all the problems and frustrations will have alreasdy been vented to death on here!

Cheers

Fair comment, but thing is mate, I believe that SO FAR I feel patch 748P is far better than previous RECENT patches, with so far only PLTV HD on 10E needing sorting!:Biggrin2:

6900 super HD Combo. 748p patch over 748.stb original

Today updated Biss keys. Watching BBC HD Sport 27.5. Switched satellite and getting No Audio or Video displayed although Strength and quality were ok, this was the same for each sat i tried. Switched off and on all ok again ?

Re PLTV could all you 6900 Hd owners try please. I found yesterday when watching match if I switched audio back and forth a couple of times at beginning it was ok.

Last edited:
Back