New laptop advice

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
After a new laptop for work but unsure what to get. Everything I look at is so expensive lol
What I would like
I5 or equivalent
Touchscreen would be nice
250gb/500gb hdd/ssd
Screen size not to important
Windows 10
Any advice please
:)

Last edited:
Not touchscreen but for cheapness I recently bought a Lenovo V110 for £310 or thereabouts. Needed a new laptop for my 3D printer.

Seemed to be the cheapest eBuyer did with 256GB SSD.

Not a performance machine but seemed decent spec.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Rat
Do you really need a touchscreen?

Fine for tablets, but a PITA for laptops imho. I would definitely go for an ssd though. Standard hard drives in laptops always seem to be painfully slow.

Not needed nara but the last 2 I've had have been touch as is chrome book and it's supprising how much its used
Not a must though

I don't really know tbh cheap but decent 😊

It will be for work and browsing really

Is processor speed important, I'll be mostly using MS Office (word/Excel) browsing net/emails
Thinking maybe I dont need a i5 and I can bring price down with a cheaper processor
@little_pob :)
Probably thinking around £250/£300 max

Is processor speed important, I'll be mostly using MS Office (word/Excel) browsing net/emails
Thinking maybe I dont need a i5 and I can bring price down with a cheaper processor
@little_pob :)
Probably thinking around £250/£300 max

Office is quite exhaustive of CPU/RAM. I'd likely advise to get a i5, then upgrade the RAM yourself.

Bought one :)
Spin 3 Intel® Core¿ i5-8265U 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 14in Laptop Iron
Very are doing £100 back on 12 months BNPL :) I'd rather pay for it now but its the only way to get the £100 back lol

ThinkPad T480S or X1 Carbon. Stable, durable and have a great keyboard

Considering that the post before yours indicated that he'd already bought a laptop, I can only presume that you were more interested in post clocking than in reading the thread.

Considering that the post before yours indicated that he'd already bought a laptop, I can only presume that you were more interested in post clocking than in reading the thread.

it could be helpful if someone have similar question. And the thread is open to reply. If no reply needed, then mod should close the thread instead.

Back