Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New freeview box

gooddeed

Inactive User
im plannin on buying a freeview box sometime this week, has anyone got any suggestion on what to buy and good places to buy them. think this might help other people buying a new box 2 so keep postin

Thnks:Cheers:

I'm probably not the best to give advice, but I have an old phillips ondigital in one of the kids and a daewoo in the other and have just went the whole hogg and bought mesel an £80 Sony, but it is definitely the dogs bollocks! it doesnt have a top up card but I'm not wanting that crap anyway , but it is a serious bit of kit ..it finds all the channels no probs, and never freezes, like the Daewoo does, and the epg it uses is shit hot, so for me worth every penny!

Downside is the price cause you can pick up a cheapo brand for £29.99 and you have to ask yourself if its worth paying an extra £50 for the same thing, but with smartlink and everything else I am extremely happy with my sony xt800 its been the best of the bunch---BY FAR!!

So if you have spare cash go for the sony, if yer skint go for the 30 quid cheapy, you'll still get the same channels although you might get some freezes and a pish epg! ;-) :bouncing:

thnks i decided i didint have the dough to buy an £80 box but i went halfway and got a £45 hitachi box from argos. works gr8 in an area with poor signal quality and the epg and menu is really good. thnks tally i was wondering what the huge price gap ment

gooddeed said:
thnks i decided i didint have the dough to buy an £80 box but i went halfway and got a £45 hitachi box from argos. works gr8 in an area with poor signal quality and the epg and menu is really good. thnks tally i was wondering what the huge price gap ment

No probs m8! enjoy your new box!

I bought myself the humax box, i would have suggested this. Excellent box, well worth £170. Picture quality is amazing, easy to use. Can record my programmes if i know im going to miss it. Only downfall it has is no where for a tutv card to go into, very dissapointed about that, other than that shit hot :)

Back