New EMU is finally complete (could work on dream with some work)

The general maths routines and interface back to the main program are fine but the key extraction will likely be hard coded so the emulator will be non existant.

Have a look at the 6805 emulation core in Emunation. This is an old version of a Rom7/10/11/102/103 core emulator. It will run card code at the instruction level but would need a fair bit of tweaking in the UK.

If your cam sources dont contain a similar module then they dont contain a true emulator.

where do the people who make evocamd and mgcamd etc hail from and what websites do they use?someone should just ask them if they would help?

The general maths routines and interface back to the main program are fine but the key extraction will likely be hard coded so the emulator will be non existant.

Have a look at the 6805 emulation core in Emunation. This is an old version of a Rom7/10/11/102/103 core emulator. It will run card code at the instruction level but would need a fair bit of tweaking in the UK.

If your cam sources dont contain a similar module then they dont contain a true emulator.

Thanks a lot for the info. Clearly, I have a lot more learning to do! You are quite right, the mgcamd I have is no good. Tried it last night and it did not do much!

As far as learning curves go though, looking at this basic mgcamd has helped I think. I am looking at the vdr-sc code (from the sasc-ng stuff I posted) and this is now an easier read! It does indeed contain a 6805 core. I will carry on with my learning....

I looked at hypercam last night as well - managed to screw-up my dbox by filling it - no space left on device. Had to re-flash. hypercam is pretty big - the executable is 750K+, plus other files required. Will try this again and let you know how I get on.

abaddon

Anyone still trying to work on getting this to work on the dream?

JohnO

Anyone still trying to work on getting this to work on the dream?

JohnO

Not on the dream, but I managed to test this on my dbox last night. Missing the library libxmltree.so.0 - anybody got this to send to me?

abaddon

Back