New Dashboard protections AP2.5 Checks

janobi

Janet to us
VIP Member
Reaction score
As I am sure most of you are aware, there are some new ap2.5 checks in the new kinect beta dashboard. If you have updated to this dash, and tried to boot fable 3 two things have now happened. One is that you will be banned off xboxlive shortly, as your console has been flagged. Secondly the game will not boot as it has new ap2.5 checks.

C4E Confirms New AP2.5 Checks on New Dashboard with New Games
>> Here's a chatlog from C4E about the new protections ["AP2.5 Checks"] added to the (beta/leaked) fall 2010 dashboard with new games:

[<]c4eva[>] New AP25 checks confirmed on new dash with fable 3, LT+ coming for required drives with SSv3 and anti AP25 included!
[<]c4eva[>] there are 5 ap25 checks done when xex is launched!
[<]c4eva[>] samsung doesnt have ap25
[<]c4eva[>] 360s LT+ will include this now
[<]c4eva[>] samsung and some old hitachi dont have ap25
[<]c4eva[>] samsung wont do ap25, it will be skipped (safe)
[<]c4eva[>] they will detect your drive changing to a samsung! [if you spoof to Samsung]
[<]c4eva[>] confirmation will need to be done on released retail kinect dash!
[<]c4eva[>] at this point, only new games check ap25!
[<]c4eva[>] kreon=fail!

The new final fall2010 dashboard is still expected to hit retail consoles on or before Nov 4th (Kinect release date).

Team jungle have also confirmed that a new fw is to be released with the added checks and new protection.

Firstly if you have updated to the kinect dash, and tried to boot fable 3 then sadly it is too late for you. Do not update to the newest dash that is available via xbox live. If you have updated, then DO NOT boot fable 3.

Fable 3 is the only game that has this new protection at present, but others are expected shortly. Some older drives will not be affected the Samsung and some Hitachi's, but this does not mean you can swap the drive out and spoof, as this will just lead to a ban.

How long before the release of the new FW I dont know, perhaps Oggy could comment, as he's our resident 360 guru

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean for users that are already banned? Do these new ap2.5 games refuse to boot? I'm running 1.61 spoofed samsung drive (which was orginally a lite-on)

Excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean for users that are already banned? Do these new ap2.5 games refuse to boot? I'm running 1.61 spoofed samsung drive (which was orginally a lite-on)

Nothing really mate, as you cannot take the update unless its on a disc.

>> C4E posted some updates about the Xbox360 fall2010 dashboard security on #FW@EFnet:

[c4eva] ap2.5 already defeated, backup fable 3 running fine on beta dash! more data required for analysis!
[**] C4 are you planning on releasing the new LT+ for the old consoles? ie. not slim?
[c4eva] **:yes

[***] c4eva, is it confirmed that current FW and older games will be safe in the new dash?
[c4eva] ***:unknown at present!

[c4eva] dash out?
[c4eva] version please?
[c4eva] so it begins,dash version please?
[****] c4 2.0.12611.0
[c4eva] very good, thx, same version im already working with!

[*****] C4 are you still working on hitas? Will they eventually be released =)?
[c4eva] *****:was working on it , not for a while now!
[*******] c4eva so there will be a LT+ for lite-on and benq drives
[c4eva] yes

[c4eva] ok, have logged the update process, analysing!
[c4eva] logged entire update process, no vendor packets, only standard inquiry and key exchange, so update process safe!
[c4eva] fable 3 not safe! ap2.5 active for that title with new dash!

[c4eva] as soon as we have enough data on ap25 then there will be something
[c4eva] testing more game titles soon for ap25!

Nothing really mate, as you cannot take the update unless its on a disc.

but you can still update when your banned can you not? bottom line its no big deal if your banned from live? or are you saying the game wont boot either?

Secondly the game will not boot as it has new ap2.5 checks.

looks like a new fw will be needed and hopefully fake these checks

will patching these games to wave 2/3 get round these checks? as im not too fussed about live.

Everyone who has the new dashboard is unsafe at present. Only fable 3 has the new ap2.5 check at present but other games are expected to carry it shortly. Cod black ops is not affected so your safe for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but does COD not force a dash update if you connect to live? i.e will it launch if you dont update.

but does COD not force a dash update if you connect to live? i.e will it launch if you dont update.

You should still be able to play the game you just won't be able to connect to live until you take the update.

Everyone who has the new dashboard is unsafe at present. Only fable 3 has the new ap2.5 check at present but other games are expected to carry it shortly. Cod black ops is not affected so your safe for now.

Been reading xbox scene forums today about this and apparently games since Fifa 09 have been carrying ap2.5 but only Fable 3 has been using it so far there is the potential for this to be activated for older games though. Also it seems LT+ could be a while away with the amount of testing it will need for different drives.

Seems the banhammer could be even harder to avoid than last year.

Last edited:
but you can still update when your banned can you not? bottom line its no big deal if your banned from live? or are you saying the game wont boot either?

The game boots fine, but just wondering if a few months down the line games will refuse to boot without the new dash, like hawx did a couple years ago. M$ told us the dash update was voluntary... until they forced us to take it.

>> C4Eva talked a bit more about the new AP2.5 (Anti-Piracy v2.5) protection and answered some questions in #FW@EFnet.

[+c4eva] just a word of warning on the sed "disc swap" [note x-s: see our x360SED v1.0 news], although this passes the timing check, ap25 also returns data from its check which will be wrong with the wrong disk and will get you banned!

[+c4eva] the trigger for ap25 is still being investigated, but assume a list of titles of some sort or some check, not the xex!
[+c4eva] no ap25 traffic was ever logged with fifa 09

[**] c4eva, it is known yet whether AP2.5 can flag you in an offline state?
[+c4eva] **:yes it can
[+c4eva] console flag

[***] SSv3 just for ap2.5 games or all others?
[+c4eva] ssv3 will be required for any game that activates ap25

[****] c4eva: does that mean old games that dont have ap25, that we burned, as ssv2 are safe?
[+c4eva] ****:yes

[*****] c4eva do you think it is possible that they activate ap25 with a title update on old games?
[+c4eva] possible

[*****] c4eva is it a bad idea playing a retail ap25 game on current fw too ?
[*****] well obv. for new dash
[+c4eva] *****:should be fine

Back