new channel ETVS19

tonks1982

DW Regular
Reaction score
just got new message saying ur committing a criminal offence beaware

whats that all about

It's only being sent out to people who have been grassed mate.

;)

Only joking, it's been around for a few weeks now, they are trying to scare people into going legit.

Don't know about that. It must have a use, or going to have a use in the near future.

It's not like people will go, lets see whats on ETVS19, and then read the message.

The ETVS channels are usually used for the BBC on demand stuff, they were showing extra wimbledon matches during the summer. The new pirate warning is quite funny tho!

W.

LOL.

I only went there becasue I seen this post, don't know why the other guy did!!

It's pretty obvious you have a blag box if you can see the channel though... I believe it has another use, maybe seen by people with chipped boxes in someway.

Apply a bit of lateral thinking... That channel is not in their usual subbed Tiers on their OSCs, is it? But they know our scans will still collect those channels on our 'other' boxes.

So they might as well stick 'worry-ware' on there, when they're not using that channel for anything, to make us think they can see our dodgy box on their network. But the reality is, they can't. LOL!

ETVS19 showed on my enigma scan as JJB Sports channel. Reading about the dire financial shite that company now finds itself in, I'd guess it highly unlikely they'll still be going ahead with their planned new cable channel.

Cheers- AL :)

Wasnt there an ad some time ago saying the very same thing that seems to have disapeared unlees im wrong lol

wasnt this done on another network, maybe the usa 1

they made a channel 0 or something so when you turned on the box it went to that channel first and it said you are using an illegal box similar to what is on that channel
its not available or seen by any package - maybe its had a tier of its own on the card and that tier is not included on any legit card and all the modded cards see all the tiers inc that one so got the warning channel

-hope that makes sence

The ETVS channels are usually used for the BBC on demand stuff, they were showing extra wimbledon matches during the summer. The new pirate warning is quite funny tho!

W.

As you cannot normally access the ETVS screens if the talk back is cut, I think ETVS 19 is for the greedy buggers who try to access the PPV with talk back enabled. Anyway, that's one theory.:banana:

As you cannot normally access the ETVS screens if the talk back is cut, I think ETVS 19 is for the greedy buggers who try to access the PPV with talk back enabled. Anyway, that's one theory.:banana:

Good theory, but 100% wrong, m8- sorry! The ETVS channels are NVOD, not VOD, which means dBox2 and similar will pick them up on a scan. How do you think I can see it on my dbox- which has NO talkback, fullstop?

Cheers- AL :)

Back