New car

nistleboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thinking of a new car been looking at this, hopefully migs and wiz etc can keep me right.

Any feedback guys.

Here for sale is my Hyundai Veloster GDI Coupe 1.6 Petrol in Silver

This is a stunning looking cars and very unusual with 2 doors on the passenger side and only one on the drivers.

I have owned this car for about 1.5yrs now and it is a real treat to drive, light and fun with great handling.

The car still has 2.5yrs left on it's Hyundai 5yr Warranty and with only 18000mls on it hardly run in.

The car is only £165 to tax and can be insured for under £200 depending on your age and location.

The car has just had new rear brake callipers, discs and pads at at Hyundai under Warranty ( handbrake was sticking) only got it back yesterday so not even bedded in properly yet.

Sadly car was in a light front end crash when only 1yr old and I have owned it since that repair with only 5000mls on the clock so I have covered 13000 since I have had  no issues bar the binding handbrake which has just been sorted.

There are a couple of normal wear and tear marks- scratch on boot and scratch on dash which are shown in pictures as well as some kerbing damage on alloys that my wife would like to take credit for..

This car would normally sell for £11000 plus so get a cat  d bargain.

Car located in Northern Ireland just 20 mls from ferry and 4 miles from Belfast international Airport.

Car is now sorn and no mileage will be added.

Viewing is welcome when arranged and test drives can be organised if own insurance is provided and in place.

Cash on collection , bankers draft or transfer but car will not be released until money cleared in bank.

I will do my best to answer any questions by the end of each day via this means or text 

Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Good looking car Hyundai and kia are good cars now , l got a kia ceed for my daughter , cracking car

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A customer of mine has a small car hire firm- only uses Hyundais now because (a) theyy're good, and (b) the excellent warranty. They stopped using Ford and Vauxhall, because every warranty clim was quibbled- Hyundai no problems, even if it was a touch & go wear issue, like a clutch.
I have a 11 year old Tucson which is my first Hyundai- had it 9 years now and still very happy with it.

The car is fine m8 what you need is the full service history ie stamped by the dealer and check if the owner has the certificate of crash repair from an authorised garage. Apart from that check for any hpi owing. Sorry for the late reply mate. :)

yea and would have to check this

The car still has 2.5yrs left on it's Hyundai 5yr Warranty and with only 18000mls on it hardly run in.

if it has a cat against it this might not be the case

I also got a kia ceed for my daughter 7 year warranty is worth thinking about.Not sure what the warranty is on Hyundai

on another note that was my 800th post in 9 years lol

I also got a kia ceed for my daughter 7 year warranty is worth thinking about.Not sure what the warranty is on Hyundai

on another note that was my 800th post in 9 years lol

Happy 800th post-aversary!!
I can't comment on Hyundai's warranty in UK as it's different here- mine had 3 years whereas the same car came with 5 yrs in UK. But at the end of the day they're all made from the same components in the same factories. Sometimes the extra warranty comes with strings attached though, normally you have to get the car (expensively) serviced at a dealership to keep the warranty valid. Not a problem as such with a newer car, but as it approaches 7 years hefty 3-figure bills can hurt. (Especially when you add them all up!)

any vat registered garage can service any car in the uk using oe parts without causing any warranty problems
law was changed years back , dont let agent tell you any different

Servicing ties removed from new car warranties
OFT action gets greater choice for consumers over new car servicing

85/04 14 May 2004

All major makes of new car in the UK will in the future be sold without servicing ties as part of their warranties, following action by the OFT.

The remaining manufacturers whose new car warranties included servicing ties have all now lifted their servicing restrictions (see note 1).
Consumers will now be able to choose freely where they have their new car serviced.

The move comes after an OFT study into new car warranties (see note 2) found that the 'dealer-based extended warranties' (see note 3)
offered by many manufacturers included terms requiring that new cars be serviced at a garage belonging to the manufacturer's
franchised dealer network, limiting consumers' ability to choose where to have their car serviced.

The OFT recommended that the industry lift these ties to improve consumer choice and aid the development of more effective competition in the car after-sales market.

John Vickers, OFT Chairman, said:

'The car industry's response to the OFT's recommendations to remove servicing restrictions is good news.
Consumers should now benefit from increased choice and competition between franchised and independent garages.'

The lifting of the ties has avoided the possibility of formal action by the OFT under EC competition law (see note 4).

Franchised dealers have been carrying out around 90 per cent of servicing of cars up to three years old. However,
servicing at franchised dealers is typically more expensive than servicing at independent garages,
averaging £199 and £116 respectively, without any apparent difference in the quality of the service offered.

When getting a car serviced consumers are advised to shop around and only use reputable garages that will
carry out servicing work in line with the car manufacturer's service schedules.
Car maintenance records must be completed and receipts for work should be retained in case problems with a warranty claim arise.

The OFT also encourages consumers to compare warranties when looking for a new or nearly-new car to make sure they get the best overall deal possible (see press release 59/04).
The consumer advice leaflets 'Buying a new car?' and 'How to get a better deal from your garage' are available by telephone from 0870 60 60 321 or under the publications section of this site.

1. Manufacturers who had servicing restrictions and lifted them following the OFT's recommendations were: Citroen, Ford, BMW, Volkswagen, Peugeot and DaimlerChrysler.
Renault and MG Rover removed their servicing restrictions before the OFT study was published.

2. The OFT published a study into the effect of car warranties on the car after-sales market in December 2003 (see press release 170/03).
At the time of the OFT study about half of all new cars were sold with warranties that included servicing restrictions. The OFT found that customers
were often unaware of the options available to them when choosing a garage, and that over two thirds of customers assumed that their warranty would be invalidated
if they used an independent garage, even where this was not the case. The quoted estimates of cost for car servicing are from from the Department of Trade and Industry's
mystery shopping research, Car Servicing and Repairs, DTI URV02/1293 (2000), and assume one service per year.

3. The costs of after-sales service and repairs on average equate to about 40 per cent of the lifetime cost of a car.
Over 2.5 million new cars are sold in the UK every year. All new cars come with a manufacturer's warranty, generally running for one to three years,
covering the premature failure of components due to manufacturing defects. Many manufacturers also offer, at no additional charge,
'dealer-based extended warranties' that take the total period of cover to three years. Under the terms of many of these extended warranties, and some manufacturers' warranties,
the car had to be serviced at a garage belonging to the manufacturer's franchised dealer network.

4. In its report the OFT said that it would consider taking formal action under Article 81 of the EC Treaty (see press release 170/03 note 2 and 80/04)
if the industry did not take satisfactory steps to meet OFT's recommendations on servicing restrictions. National competition authorities such as the OFT have been
empowered directly to apply the EC competition rules since 1 May.

Going tom for a test drive anything i should keep an eye out for.

Thanks for all the replys guys :)

Check for steering pulling to one side (crash damage). and certainly any oustanding payments that need to be paid by the previous owner. Check that all the electrics work properly as well. Good luck with the test drive and please keep us informed.

as long as the car has not been a total loss and has a full service history, doesn't have to be with Hyundai the five year warranty is intact. Hyundai and Kia warranties are fully backed by the factories. Make sure you have a thourogh test drive,take a good torch and have a good look around under the bonnet especially where the accident damage was. Do a car data check before you part with any money

I took the car out for a test drive today and the car was driving well.checked engine etc and boot and it all looks perfect but im no mechanic.i got a check on car today which came back car had light frontal damage no money owed etc.i rang hyundai which was late today and missed the head serviceman.
I asked receptionest how much warranty car had and she said 2 yrs come jan.
Ill phone tom and just check breaks got done recently.
If car is still in warranty im hoping the car should be good.

Phoned insurance there looking an engineers report.
Auction ends tonight this is going to be tight.

Just phoned hyundai dealer asking if i brought the car in could they do an engineers report.he told me if it had a cat d the car has no warranty.
Well thats my mind made up.
Thanks everyone i learned quite a bit this week.

Sorry about the car mate but there are a lot of dodgy characters out there that just want your money. Look elsewhere now and be very careful. Good luck mate.

Doesn't meean deal was dodgy, maybe seller couldn't be arsed about it.
He was honest enough to list it as
[h=1]2013 HYUNDAI VELOSTER GDI SILVER cat d-repaired[/h]

So why should the buyer be arsed then?.

Back