new car

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an s reg pug 106 and thinking of getting a new/pre registered car (£2000. scrapage)
i only use it for work and do approx 70 miles a week. i need a reasonable boot/engine/driver space (cos im 6 foot and 16 stone plus with big feet) and i take my kit with me for a week away from home, i.e cool box, big bag of food /holdall etc
i don't want a rust bucket and 99 % of my 70 miles is motorway work.
any idea's /suggestions (clean ones please lol) .
would like low tax/insurance and good mpg
thanks for your input guys/gals:Clap:

Always been an audi fan. the A4 1.9tdi you can get around 55-65 on the motorway and 45mpg around city. big boot space as well and insurance group 12. in terms of reliability, dont think you will find many better.

Also a big fan of audis here, if your not bothered about the badge you could go for a vauxhal signum but a small issue is they devalue like nothing ive ever seen.

Tbh ford have come along way and I am a huge fan of their newer cars mebe 2000 onwards. I have Mondeo ST TDCi, epic amounts of room in the boot, plenty of leg / head room (being 6 foot myself). MPG varies around the 50 - 55 mark, cheapish to buy nowadays and 155bhp lurking under the bonnet if required.

As you can prolly tell this is probably one of the best cars ive ever driven for comfort / performance / economy bar a seat leon 170tdi

i can only get the 2 grand off a new car not seconed hand. i am looking at someting in the size of a kia picanta or similar. its just for work ,wife has the bigger car for outings etc.

i can only get the 2 grand off a new car not seconed hand. i am looking at someting in the size of a kia picanta or similar. its just for work ,wife has the bigger car for outings etc.

m8 even with the scrapage allowance on a new car used cars are still far better value.
if you take into account that your brand new car loses 10-15% as soon as you've signed the finance agreement i'd be lookin for something used.

the dealers can't give'm away right now.

ps .. a week on the road?. your not a Willi Betz driver are you lol?

m8 even with the scrapage allowance on a new car used cars are still far better value.
if you take into account that your brand new car loses 10-15% as soon as you've signed the finance agreement i'd be lookin for something used.

Correct.

And the scrappage scheam is a lot is shite, You WILL get a better deal if you go and haggle and dont use the 2 grand shite fromt he govment, But thats a diffrent arugment,

Mazda, honda, nissans are all bullet proof i'd reconnect the new Mazda 3, Just cause i like it though! :banana:

no mate i wouldn't drive for betz, i work for nightfreight on junghienrich fork truck deliveries contract

Go for a honda civic cdti - looks good, practical and economical and quick enough...

i decided on a hyundai i10 ,all round disc brakes air con good radio an stuff electric windows/mirrors etc. all i really need it for is going to work an back so at £5500 its a good price.

just been an done the deal. gotta wait till august for the car tho. no wories im not really in a rush

i'd be lookin for something used.

Not true its getting decent used stock thats the problem for dealers just now as used cars are going for over book at auction just now.

Gez congrats on the i10 it's the best value you can get on the scheme just now you wont be disapointed.

thebigman

hope not bigman. it does look and feel good value but only time will tell:proud:

Back