New car BMW 530d series msport 2009 or Ford focus st 2009

Mr Parsnip

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all was just looking for some feedback on what you would particularly go for.

Im thinking of the diesil due to the mileage gains but would there be much difference in that from the st.

Price isn't really a problem so either I can afford but I would be very interested in any views given ie by mechanics or even owners of either cars.

What's the pro n cons of each vencle if there is any???

Any info is much appriciated.

Mr p

ye the 530 will do about 40 to 50 per gallon on normal use and about 30 trashing it the st will be about 25 max and about 15 thrashing it

Two different cars mate. ones a saloon, one is a hot hatch i believe?
although i have never driven a ford, i would go for the bmw. you will get better mileage, more prestige. and the 530d i believe is a very strong car.
make sure you get good warranty tho. if something does go wrong, it will cost big bucks.

If you go for the BMW, make sure the direction indicators have been reconnected.

dont do many bmw cars as a rule but obliged a m8 who changed from a subaru petrol to a bmw unknown model diesel,it was his worst decision,car was second hand and supposed to have been seviced [ like hell it was ] he only found out after the 3 month 3000km warranty he was sold a lemon,air filter blacker than the boots i wear,enough compost in the twin pollen filters to grow spuds,fuel filter and air valve replaced,crankshaft pulley vibration needing a replacement part unable to do as i broke my bar with a six foot extension lever lol,with other odds and ends needed he must have spent nearly euro 1000,next to go might be those flaps in manifold that get into the engine usually around 80,000 miles and he had 100.000.
big bills and fully synthetic oil needed.

plenty of research to be done if buying one and will they have a service history?

Back