"New" Cable provider to be included in Commando

gaizka71

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have been following the development of the commando image, but never was able to use it cos my cable provider information was not there... I have the info now... I think;-)

I was wondering if you could give me a hand introducing the info I found in another image in the commando image.

I have the services.xml, the bouquet.xml the auto update and the rsa keys...
do I need anthing else?

and more important... where/how do I copy the info in the image.
I am using DCC.exe to access the dbox and can edit/delete the files, just do not know where to do it in the commando image.

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
gaizka71 said:
Hi guys,

I have been following the development of the commando image, but never was able to use it cos my cable provider information was not there... I have the info now... I think;-)

I was wondering if you could give me a hand introducing the info I found in another image in the commando image.

I have the services.xml, the bouquet.xml the auto update and the rsa keys...
do I need anthing else?

and more important... where/how do I copy the info in the image.
I am using DCC.exe to access the dbox and can edit/delete the files, just do not know where to do it in the commando image.

Thanks a lot

hi m8

its a good idea but i dont know if the uk team will want to give support for outside the uk

its upto them if they wish to have a global image

good luck though in what ever they choose

it does make it easy to add the info that you have provided though

and thanks for sharing it

cheers

if your asking where to put the files then
the rsakeylist.txt and autorollkey.txt go in
/var/keys

the files in zapit go into
/var/tuxbox/config/zapit

/share/tuxbox/cables.xml needs to be copied so you can scan.
/var/tuxbox/config/scan.conf will need to be edited to match the cable provider.

this should work with any image in the downloads area.

Have Fun

Last edited:
I have placed the files as indicated, but can't even get the non encripted channels....

I have located a file called cable.xml in the commando image that contains parameters for the UK cable providers.... info on transponders and things like that...

it seems to me that I should replace that file with my file services.xml... is that correct, or just the contents of the file...?

Who is the cable provider in question? would it be omni/white cable by any chance.

Edit sorry that'll be EUSKALTEL then. should really start reading posts more carefully. :doh:

Last edited:
gaizka71 said:
I have placed the files as indicated, but can't even get the non encripted channels....

I have located a file called cable.xml in the commando image that contains parameters for the UK cable providers.... info on transponders and things like that...

it seems to me that I should replace that file with my file services.xml... is that correct, or just the contents of the file...?

No the cables.xml is so you can scan for channels when your cable company moves the channels around, you need one for your area, havn't a clue where you would get one, you could try on the tuxbox forum.

When you say can't get encrypted channels do you mean
waiting for time
channel unavailable
do you get an error at all ?.

On your signature is this really the place to make political statements ?, I understand you feel strongly but what difference do you think it will make on an english forum ?

Have Fun

Hi,

could anyone please give me a hand modifiying a UK image with the paramenters I have included ?

Thanks

You need a file Autoupdate.Key with au keys for evocamd. The name is case sensitive.

Back