New Box Update

Ive had my replacement box a few days now but wanted to test it before giving a update :)

Audio stutter has gone :)
lip sync was still apparent but nowhere near as bad
BUT
after speaking to TM it would seem with my setup its not lip sync its an audio delay, after doing as advised up to now its been fine :)
Menu
setup
system
a/v settings
General AC3 Delay= set to 25
General PCM Delay= set to 25
this is if you are using a surround sound/optical audio cable

Ive installed Digidudes DW Plugin, Rytec EPG + Cool EPG up to now and all has been fine :)

going through menus is much quicker and channel change seem a little quicker too :)

I'm a lot happier now, but will be ecstatic when its complete ;)

:thumbsup:

this is a new box that has only had 1 image on, who knows what will happen when 4/5/6/7 images are flashed and fragments from previous images are left on ?

to end on a positive note this box is much much better and up to now its working as it should :)

Hi Rat,

been a while hope you are doing well

wanted to ask how do u mean new box? is it just yours that you have sent to TM, and they have flashed it with the latest iQ image? Or is it a completely new box? new revision? is the new image about?

just wondering thanks
hnj

its just a new box, word has it it has more capacitors to handle things better

if you get bad audio stutter/lip sync then you should contact Technomate for a replacement
mainly boxes older than June 2011

I have to say that I am shocked at the level of corrections\support TM are throwing at this

I am not aware of any company handing out new replacement units for machines that are 12 months old on home consumer goods
A good example of this is the Beko issues, when they finally took the fireservices advise they are willing to modify / repair faulty units and not replace for a shiney new one

Hope this is the sign of more good things to come

Well done Technomate

Last edited:
Have to agree with you Rickie, Technomate are playing a stormer on this. Another example is I got a ferguson ariva hd200 combi for a person who wanted just freesat and the irish DTT service on one reciever. It died 2 days later that was 3 weeks ago and still tryig to get them to replace it. How many cocktails have you had this morning.

lets not turn this into a TM appreciation thread lol
we have all had faulty boxes and TM have been good enough as company to replace those needed at a cost to them :)
on the other hand they wouldn't be changing these boxes if there was nothing wrong in the first place, and still replacing boxes over a year after launch :err:

always 2 ways at looking at things ;)

it wont matter how namy times they replace the hardware though, if the software is crap

you can bang a new engine into a ferrarri every week, but keep putting cooking oil in the tank, and itll still be rubbish no matter how good the hardware 'looks'

Its really there attempts at repairing it and the contact and personal service that I am applauding. It still doesent do what it says on the tin. But hopefully it will.

Ok guys so I get lip sync issues and other problems like most so what do I need to do to get a replacement box? Also do they pay for the postage of the original or arrange their own collection?

It's already been covered mate
Contact TM and they will replace at no cost to you

I don't know what your other issues are but lipsyncing is a thing with linux boxes, my dbox2 and my dm500's clones and originals all lipsynced.

I think this hardware revision is for audio stutter, there is a lipsync adjuster in the audio settings for that.

My cable v+ box also lipsyncs every so often.

2 things to try if you get lip sync

as in post#1
If you have a surround sound and use optical cable
Menu
setup
system
a/v settings
General AC3 Delay= set to 25
General PCM Delay= set to 25

as in post #30
If using standard HDMI cable and audio is through TV
Press Audio
Yellow
and adjust accordingly

:)
if this does not cure the problem or you have bad audio stutter then contact TM Via Numbers Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
@cue - have not bothered much with the cocktails, but since you mentioned it I will make it a mission to have one for you today

@rat - my point was TM could have easily have said we will do a (in the back office) repair on your existing box, because if I had owned the company that's the route I would have taken

And finally @ Digi, I thought you of all people would have had your Ferrari running sweet on that cooking oil tearing up around the hills!

With this HW revision it atleast shows developments are still going strong on the TM800, and it is only a matter of time before the software is sorted

I for one was pretty sure that the time scales announced were too optimistic to start with (since iq) and I actually think the lack of small bug fix images are actually a good thing.

Back