New 500c, DW latest image, no channels found?

techie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Installed 500c with dw image.
did transponder scan, 60 transponder found, but no channels are found...
what am i doing wrong...

thanks

techie

Are using the right cables.xml for Ireland as there appears to be several in the download section?

just to note i am in northern ireland, i have a legit basic sub, but its not the digital tv one, digi cable is not released in our area yet..
will the 500c pick up the old analogue cable channels?

then again maybe didital tv is transmitted and ntl just haven't upgraded our boxes..

Last edited:
would some kind soul just provide me with a tutorial or a link to a tutorial for setting up/scanning for channels on a new box, ive followed the dm manual to the letter.

Your gonna need a cables.xml for your region/provider in that case.Or possibly you aint getting a signal to the box?

Your gonna need a cables.xml for your region/provider in that case.Or possibly you aint getting a signal to the box?

getting signal as box sees transponders...

no xml is available that i can see for area northern ireland...

seems a bit daft if i cant scan for the channels and have to rely on xml files..

My geography is crap.................but there are at least 5 backup images in downloads for Dublin,is this your area?if so flash 1 on removed the cables.xml via ftp,then up it into your image.
Otherwise i'm positive the DW2 is set for all areas.

My geography is crap.................but there are at least 5 backup images in downloads for Dublin,is this your area?if so flash 1 on removed the cables.xml via ftp,then up it into your image.
Otherwise i'm positive the DW2 is set for all areas.

nope dublin is not my area.. but ill try it..

On your subbed box, turn it off at the mains, hold in the up and down arrows on the front of the box and power it on. This should take you to the engineers menu.

Flick through the pages and look for the 'default frequency' and 'symbol rate'. Been a while since I was in an engineers menu on a subbed box lol so not sure there or if they're there.

When you get that info, do a manual transponder scan. Enter the default frequency in the frequency section and the symbol rate in the symbol rate section. Check INV, use ONIT, use BAT, use network search. Now start scan.

Back