never buy a medion hd media player

jjp2701

Banned
Reaction score
i wouldnt touch another medion product ever again, they are a shabby cheap german company, i have had nowt but trouble with them, my fan has stopoed working and i have sent it back twice now, once to there german warehouse, then the second to swindon warehouse, and both times they havent found a fault, i have spoke to a supervisor called alex, he was a waiste of time, and the person who looked at it in the uk, called mathew, was another waiste of time, my box came back the first time like they played football with it, and the second time, all they done was replace the box, i rung trading standerds, and they are perfetic, they dont do anything, we are supposed to be in the eu, lol, what eu rights do we have ? all they think about is take your money and run, if i was you, i would keep well away from medion products, very crap and very rubbish in every department, all i have now is a box, that the picture goes green when i watch a 1080p blu-ray film, i would love to talk to the person who owns medion and say your company is rum by scammers

I don't doubt what your saying for one minute but Medion PC's have just won PC Advisors Readers best Brand PC, and PC Advisor mag has a good reputation. It was awarded based on hardware reliability and customer service.

Incidentally the runners up were:

Acer
Dell
HP Compaq
Packard Bell

I guess they've maybe not got it quite right with media players?

PS: I assume you have tried the player with another HD TV?

Last edited:
I bought one of their PC years ago from Aldi for my sister, good value and no problems. Recently bought one of their 17" laptops, again from Aldi and again has been great.

Did you buy it from Aldi, I believe it comes with 3 years warranty which I believe is done through the store for the first year at least.

i did buy it from the store but i lost the reciept, and paid by cash, gutted

Ah, not sure what you can do then. Normally I tape the recipet to the underside of the product so I don't lose them.

i wouldnt touch another medion product ever again, they are a shabby cheap german company, i have had nowt but trouble with them, my fan has stopoed working and i have sent it back twice now, once to there german warehouse, then the second to swindon warehouse, and both times they havent found a fault, i have spoke to a supervisor called alex, he was a waiste of time, and the person who looked at it in the uk, called mathew, was another waiste of time, my box came back the first time like they played football with it, and the second time, all they done was replace the box, i rung trading standerds, and they are perfetic, they dont do anything, we are supposed to be in the eu, lol, what eu rights do we have ? all they think about is take your money and run, if i was you, i would keep well away from medion products, very crap and very rubbish in every department, all i have now is a box, that the picture goes green when i watch a 1080p blu-ray film, i would love to talk to the person who owns medion and say your company is rum by scammers

They dont have a fan in them mate,so i guess that s probably why you didnt get very far with your complaint,never had a problem with mine

there is not a fan in the media player which is why you are not getting anywhere with having it repaired and are you connecting it with a hdmi cable if not why are you trying to watch blueray movies through a non digital cable it is more than likely your cable that is faulty
I personally have owned 2 desktops and 2 laptops ,and 250gb hdd as well as this media player and i have always had excellent service if and when any problems have occured the last problem was after 2yrs and 10 mnths of the 3 year guarantee and the laptop was rebuilt with a new inverter cable, keyboard and hdd all at no cost

edogg

i am using a hd cable, and it works fine on my ps3 the hdmi cable, the technician said check to see if the fan is working, and making a noise, so i checked and no sound, but then that still doesnt explain the green scren when watching a 1080p film on my hd television, after a while of playing, and it gets red hot straight away as soon as i put it on, it burns when you touch it from underneath thats how hot it goes

yes they do get hot but there is not a fan in them , the green tinge suggests a connection fault so if swapping the cable from source to another does not show the the same fault it would suggest it is the connection on the media player so phone the help line use this number 01793715698 and they will arrange for it to be sorted

edogg

thanks edogg, but it has been back for repair 3 times now, they are hopeless, and very snoty people, i wont never buy medion again, crap cheap stuff, that is my opinion, never had probs with sony products, never had probs with maxtor stuff, and when my xbox went bad, they sorted it out straight away, its just medion, german shite

Back