network ramdrive for dbox2?

capt_marvel

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys,

wouldnt that de nice?

has anybody ever connected dbox2 to network drive?

im thinking easy image file selections, transfers and backups and direct talk to pc's/ other boxes being available.

also, bigger applications and or games with roms could be located here rather than on precious actual ram within dbox2?

how about using for text caching/saving? or whole movie transfers/etc? just an idea.

Just mount your pc share ??

Next cryo sporty has backup to/from pc share and links web browser running from pc share ( as it won't fit ). You could move all your plugins there. You can already save/watch movies play mp3's etc from a pc share.

You could run most of your image from a pc share.

Cryo

capt_marvel said:
hi guys,

wouldnt that de nice?

has anybody ever connected dbox2 to network drive?

im thinking easy image file selections, transfers and backups and direct talk to pc's/ other boxes being available.

also, bigger applications and or games with roms could be located here rather than on precious actual ram within dbox2?

how about using for text caching/saving? or whole movie transfers/etc? just an idea.

yes just mount a share into the file system .. for linux that is as if its local. should work fine than .. I have my xbox and dbox connected to my home server and "stream" everything via the network .. works a treat. you can also use standalone "network harddrives" .. quite a few of routers out there let you connect a USB harddrive .. saves the hassel of having a PC running.

Back