CD & DVD nero burner ?

zapper

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi im new to cd writer;s i have nero burner i can copy cd to cd & i can copy my mp3;s that i dornload from the net but i dont no what these are in nero burner;s list can anyone tell me what these copy or what the mean many thanks

1 CD-ROM ( ISO)<br />2 MIXED MOD CD<br />3 VIDEO CD<br />4 SUPER VIDEO CD<br />5 CD ROM BOOT<br />6 CD ROM HYBRID<br />7 CD ROM UDF<br />8 CD ROM UDF/ ISO

i;v not got a clue what there for any advice would be helpfull thank;s zapper

CD-ROM ISO is a standard CD rom image format. In Nero it means you can pick files off your hard drive to burn to CD.<br />MIXED MODE CD allows you to create a CD wich contains more than one CD format like a Data CD, with a music component. This means you can play the CD in your hifi and it also contains some files (you see some multimedia singles comming out from Pretentious artists)<br />VIDEO CD - this is the ubiquitous VCD format wich allows you to burn video data to CD disc for use in VCD players<br />SUPER VIDEO CD - Dont know but sounds like some extension to the VCD format that probably allows things like menus and brings VCD closer to the DVD standard<br />CD ROM BOOT is a bootable CD rom (you dont need a floppy to boot off one of these)<br />CDROM Hybrid - dont know but it seems to be something to do with MAC OS<br />CD ROM UDF this is a "packet writing format that allows you to write onto a CD a little at a time. which is usefull for archiving. It also has some connection with the DVD file system.<br />CD ROM UDF/ ISO - dont know, probably some sort of mixture of standard ISO image with a UDF portion

hope this helps

[ 27 November 2001: Message edited by: chameleon ]</p>

Just to add that the super vcd format uses mpeg2 files which are simular quality to dvd, with improved sound and picture quality over standard mpeg1 vcd discs.The main drawback is you can only fit about 35 minutes of video on a 80min cdr.

Back