Need Tom Tom go 500 Maps Uk & Europe

leepunto

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I bought a tom tom go 500 with uk and europe maps but they are out of date cant update them online via tts website, I have looked through thread related topics and have found maps on rap**share and m**aupload but I cant seem to find the uk and europe map together, do I have to get the france map (which is the one im after) and the uk & ireland ( also need) seperately and just load them on the sd card? If anyone has a link to the uk and europe maps where i can get them for free it would be much appriciated. I have updated the latest sofeware on my tomtom from the website.

Cheers lee

yeah this is where I have looked to get the france map from, but i cant see the uk and western euro map do you have a link? also i used the time resetter on rapid but it didnt work its only letting me download one rar file a day, and for france there are 3 files i need any ideas?

cheers mate ill look to grab these - how up to date are these maps? ill have a look for download manager, cause the time resetter doesnt work for me might be something to do with a static ip address despite the resetting of the ip rapidshare still recognises that ive downloaded something already today, its doing my head in at this rate it will take ages to get all the rar files i need.

hi m8, do you use torrents? all you need is the western europe it covers france you will get it quickly on torrents, you will need atleast a 1gig sd card

focus

yes mate i do, do you have a link to the torrent i cant find any looked on didi- and revolution but cant see any maps ive just bought a 2 gig sd card from morrision £7 bargin, rapid share is killing me lol downloaded the 1st rar file and then got to wait 84 mins for the next one lol, ive tried the download manager no luck with that or the time resetter :(

cheers guys ill look into it and give let you know how i get on - appriciate the help

hi ive downloaded the maps i need - i copied the first one over to the new sd card whn i tried to copy over the second map it was trying to overwrite the prev map,so I left the second map, but then when I tried to see if the map was on the tom tom, it came up with a menu screen saying "no maps found" and wouldnt let me do anything with it. So I turned it off for the night and now when Ive tried this morning the tom tom wont turn on and wont connect to my pc via the usb - its doing my head in

Last edited:
Hi Ive sorted the tt out by resetting it it now powers up and connects to my pc - but still says no maps ive added the uk map to the new sd card (by copy and paste) it shows up on the harddrive as removable disk and the map is on there just tt isnt seeing the map? im stuck lol

no when i go on tomtom home with the new sd card in the tt, and try to browse the contents there arent any maps on, and when I try to access the tt via tomtom home it just displays the msg no maps found

I got a Go500 a couple of weeks ago and have done this myself :)

First connect your GO500 to TTHome and take the software update. Next you need the western Europe 1Gig map which needs patching before you put it in the TomTom, you may also need to patch one file (ttsystem) on the root of the Memory card as well. The Go500 will now see the maps as will TTHome in everything except in "operate my Device", you need to use the patched 7-163-8493-3.dll file on your PC for that to work.

the torrent i downloaded doesnt have anything to patch it shows up as 6 nero showtime files named cline, cname, cnode, faces, mapinfo, poi, tmccodes, traffic, there is also a winamp file named "UK and IE plus major roads" and a "PNA" file named the the same, the nero files wont let me explore them so I dont know what im supposed to do, what file should they be associated with? Can anyone describe how I patch the map ive tried to copy and paste the files but im very confused now ive decided to wipe my new sd card and start from scratch when someone can explain step by step how I patch the map, cheers for the help appriciated as always guys

Last edited:
For starters, if you're looking for UK & Europe, you have the wrong map, you want the Western Europe 1GB map. It has 9 .dat files, 1 .pna file and 1 .meta file - that's the one you use in the patch.

I got the Patching files from another forum, so won't post them here. The archive is called "Unlocker maps 7.xx.rar" and includes 2 methods of patching, this is the easy method:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

hi mate, thanks for your reply, I need the uk and france map - on recommendation from this site I aquired 2 maps UK and IE plus major roads (map 1 ) and western europe (map 2) both from a torrent site both contain exactly the same files 6 nero showtime files, a winamp file and a pna file thats it. I'm used to patching things but what confuses me is the format these files are showing up as - non of the files you mention are present in my file. Can you pm me a link where I might be able to get the same files as the ones you mention above? cheers

You only need the Western Europe Map - it includes UK & Ireland, I got it from the Rapidshare link posted in this forum.

I suspect you have your windows configured to hide the file extensions. In Windows file explorer, click tools then folder options, click view then uncheck "hide extensions for known file types", then click apply and "apply to all folders" then OK to exit the dialogue box.

Now go back to where you extracted the map and check again :)

hi thanks for the post i have done as you mentioned and it still doesnt show the other files you mentioned - still only showing 6 nero showtime files, a winamp file and a pna file

You are obviously still hiding the file extensions. I've attached one small file from my map, I've put it in a rar to post it. When you extract the file it's called mapinfo.dat it's the smallest of the .dat files in the map. I'll bet it shows up as a Nero file when you extract it.

You need to show the file extensions, the method I posted is for Win XP, I don't know the procedure for Vista but would guess it's the same when logged in as administrator.

Back