Need help with car stereo

yoinker

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I need some help with my car stereo. I got one of these from here
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48964&TabID=1&source=12&doy=11m1

First of all it wouldn't keep the settings after switching the car off, I had a fair idea it was the power, so I swapped the constant live and the switch power wires. This fixed the settings, keeps all the stations and the time etc, and all my beeps and warnings work, but now there is a hiss coming through the speakers when it is switched off, even when the ignition is off, and the immobilizer enabled it still hisses. There is only the ISO connectors and a left and right audio for an amp. I tried earthing it direct to the car but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
I checked the connectors against the radio that came out, both connect the same way apart from having to change the constant and switch wires. The car is a VW passat 2001. Anyone give me any advice, or know whats happening ?

Thanks in advance

Yoinker

Hi all

I need some help with my car stereo. I got one of these from here
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48964&TabID=1&source=12&doy=11m1

First of all it wouldn't keep the settings after switching the car off, I had a fair idea it was the power, so I swapped the constant live and the switch power wires. This fixed the settings, keeps all the stations and the time etc, and all my beeps and warnings work, but now there is a hiss coming through the speakers when it is switched off, even when the ignition is off, and the immobilizer enabled it still hisses. There is only the ISO connectors and a left and right audio for an amp. I tried earthing it direct to the car but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
iI checked the connectors against the radio that came out, both connect the same way apart from having to change the constant and switch wires. The car is a VW passat 2001. Anyone give me any advice, or know whats happening ?

Thanks in advance

Yoinker

if u swapped yellow and red over there shouldn't be a problem m8 , sounds like the radio is at fault to me

hi

Thanks m8, thats what I swapped, yellow and red. I don't suppose theres much chance of changing it now I've chopped the wires. Ahh well back to my old Sony.

Cheers for the advice m8,

Yoinker

hi

Thanks m8, thats what I swapped, yellow and red. I don't suppose theres much chance of changing it now I've chopped the wires. Ahh well back to my old Sony.

Cheers for the advice m8,

Yoinker

fook em m8 just take it back . cut the wires nice and neat they will never know

Fook it, your right I'll take it back tomorrow, let you know how I get on.

Cheers again.

Yoinker

Took it back today, and the fookers wouldn't change it cos I didn't have a receipt. It was a chrimbo pressie. Ah well. Least I tried.

Yoinker

Back