Need help with broken torch :(

They didn't used to sell any surface mount components.

We don't use ones of that size at work either.

I've found Maplin to be pretty useless last 5 or so years tbh lol.
an no problem mate. I've ordered ebay ones anyhow now :) just have to wait for snail mail lol :(

Managed to fix this :) got the resistors from ebay that I linked and they were perfect fit.
Thank you for all your help pal

I get a feeling there will be a niche market repairing all this far-east stuff at some point.

A lot of it does seem reasonably well made now, although I suspect much of the metal which looks like machined aluminium is die-cast then machined a bit before being anodised to make it look fully machined :).

I get a feeling there will be a niche market repairing all this far-east stuff at some point.

A lot of it does seem reasonably well made now, although I suspect much of the metal which looks like machined aluminium is die-cast then machined a bit before being anodised to make it look fully machined :).

'Niche' perhaps, but in practice I think most people will throw away & buy a new one, stuff like this is so cheap these days. Shame, 'cos I love the challenge, not to mention the satisfaction of (a) getting things going again and (b) beating the marketeers.

PS Well done @Rs2k_Rider Job well done!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Niche' perhaps, but in practice I think most people will throw away & buy a new one, stuff like this is so cheap these days. Shame, 'cos I love the challenge, not to mention the satisfaction of (a) getting things going again and (b) beating the marketeers.

PS Well done @Rs2k_Rider Job well done!

Aye, a couple of blokes at work seem to be in competition to see who can get the most ludicrously bright bike lights.

Cheap as owt.

Back