Navman & TomTom Software

alan_73

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to get TomTom Navigator 6 software on my Navman Pin 570. The software will load ok but won't pick up any satellites, anyone got any clues. Cheers

I am trying to get TomTom Navigator 6 software on my Navman Pin 570. The software will load ok but won't pick up any satellites, anyone got any clues. Cheers

within setup. did you set com port to on navigator

Thanks for your reply, can't really recall been asked about the com port, is this something I could have a look at now or do I have to re load Navigator software?

Thanks for your reply, can't really recall been asked about the com port, is this something I could have a look at now or do I have to re load Navigator software?

No need to reinstall m8

open tomtom

touch screen

change preferences

touch right hand arrow at bottom of screen twice

Touch show GPS

Touch configure

Select other NMEA GPS Receiver

GPS Baud rate 9600

Select GPS on navigator

Click done

Hopefully it should find a signal

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I've checked a few forums recently to try and solve this problem and to be fair your instructions have been the best, just done a quick test outdoors and everything seems to work fine, my only concern is that I picked up at best 6 satellites but the orange light still flashed but to be fair I didn't give it long. I'll give it a good try out soon and report back - the GPS reading I got was spot on so things are looking up. Cheers m8

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I've checked a few forums recently to try and solve this problem and to be fair your instructions have been the best, just done a quick test outdoors and everything seems to work fine, my only concern is that I picked up at best 6 satellites but the orange light still flashed but to be fair I didn't give it long. I'll give it a good try out soon and report back - the GPS reading I got was spot on so things are looking up. Cheers m8

my orange light never changes colour m8. I think yours is working 100%, as for satellites 6 work great anymore and it's a bonus. Any other problems give me a shout:)

Hi

You're right, the TomTom software worked a treat. The only problem now is how do I get the voices and postcodes to work, they are on my sd card but when I try and open them in File Explorer I get error messages. Any suggestions?

Cheers m8

Hi

You're right, the TomTom software worked a treat. The only problem now is how do I get the voices and postcodes to work, they are on my sd card but when I try and open them in File Explorer I get error messages. Any suggestions?

Cheers m8

start

programs

file explorer

my device

program files

navigator

place the zip file with all the postcodes in here

and in the voices folder place one voice in here and see if it works :)

tomtom on navman n20i

Hi is there a way to get the tomtom software onto the navman n20i as i cant seem to fiond any answers for this any where as i have tried and tried looking some more. So any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Back