Nand dumping woes.

Smokin..o0O

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Using USB to read the Nand on 2 consoles provides same results.
Spent a few hours searching for clues and basically replaced all wires between mobo and nand reader.
Wires are less than 3 inches long and all solder points are good.
I have just got this reader, and both mobos have never been touched before.
I am very new to this, I had the boards lying for months but could never find time to mess with them. Now I'm starting to wish I hadn't bothered :)
Just looking for a few pointers and I really do hate asking for help.
Anyway, this is what I'm getting, after reading about 20 or so blocks, I get the following.

E:\2a>Nandpro.exe usb: -r16 nand.bin
NandPro v2.0a by Tiros

Looking for usb interface device
FlashConfig:01198010
Starting Block:0x000000
Ending Block:0x0003FF
Press any key to begin reading nand
Error: 38F reading block 18
Error: 39B reading block 19
Error: 3A4 reading block 1A
Error: 3AC reading block 1B
Error: 3B5 reading block 1C
Error: 3BD reading block 1D
Error: 3C5 reading block 1E
Error: 3CE reading block 1F
Error: 3D6 reading block 20
Error: 3DF reading block 21
Error: 0 reading block 22
Error: 8 reading block 23
Error: 11 reading block 24
Error: 1A reading block 25
Error: 22 reading block 26

Try using a shorter usb cable. I had the same problem using a lead that was 1m I found a leadthat was about 30cm and it read perfectly.

wiiman, thanks for trying.
I found a 50cm cable, which is shortest I ever had, and still the same.
Errors start at block 24, googled it and theres a few posts on another forum about it but can't get to read it as they seem to be having problems with the site

Last edited:
After a few more hours I am still getting the same results.
I butchered a USB cable and hard wired 10cm bit with plug directly onto the reader, still no joy.
Tried it connected to my main comp running both vista and xp, then my laptop running xp, and still no joy.
Is there a way to test a USB reader?

1st off from reading your OP that looks like an old copy of nandpro that you are using. Think the latest is 2.0e. also the is a tool that may help you - posted on another site. link here - Xnand Healer Gui V0.3 Update - Scenyx Entertainment Community

Other than that if it is a wiring problem then you will basically have to work it out before moving forward. Have you used resistors and diodes in all the right places ect ? It all matters in the end. If your not that confident at soldering maybe google search for the diagrams showing you how to solder onto the underside of the MB.......some people find this method easier.....i cant really comment as i did mine the "traditional" way.

Also here is a link to a lot of tutorials on this subject.
Releases, Tutorials And Guides *updated Jan 29th* - Scenyx Entertainment Community

Thanks Diddy.
It's a reader I bought pre built.
It's defo not a wiring issue, it's down to either the reader or the comp it's running on.
Head is burtsing, and read so much vision is blurred.
Will get back to it tomorrow.
Thanks for taking time to reply.

Well, Im back :)
Had another bash at it last night and as before, had tons of errors, then out of the blue it started dumping properly.
Using same software and hardware as before I have dunped a total of 10 times without errors.
If I reboot and dump again it errors for first few tries then dumps error free.
Might go on with the jtag stuff, might not, just wanted to play for a while:)

Back