Nagravision Cam Card made by SCM

danferastraw

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, Everyone
I am interested to discuss about this amazing, yet, difficult to find CAM, what it can do, what it is good at, and I will start with my personal enquiry about it:
Will it work with an used Nagravision Smartcard, without having to worry about keys or anything like that. There are 2 types:
An old one made by GemPlus that looks like this:
nagra.jpg

And a newer version made by SCM:
IMG_3779.jpg

Last edited:
Its nothing but an official Kudelski NagraCam. It cant do anything unless you give it an official card and also get the package provider to pair that card to that cam. That means you require to have a genuine subscription with some package or other !

Its of little or no use in the UK as we dont have any Nagravision operators (VM dont count as you can use only equipment supplied by them) and most providers outside the UK will probably not sell you a subscription or pair the card for you.

Unless you have a specific package you want to get hold of and you know it N3 plus you can also aquire the card and get it paired then then there's little point buying this cam !

You are right Nozzer, you can't do much about it,
but, I have a foreign subscription with a monthly pay, with a Nagravision Smartcard, and a SD receiver mated with it. It's DigiTV RCS. Question:
If I want to upgrade my receiver to a HD one, I will need the CAM obviously, and perhaps, if I will purchase one, I will worry about the key afterwards.

Thanks

You would have to get your provider to pair the card to the cam - you cant get the BK out of the cam and even if you could you cant ammend the BK on your N3 card to match the cam anyway!!!

Question:
If I want to upgrade my receiver to a HD one, I will need the CAM obviously, and perhaps, if I will purchase one, I will worry about the key afterwards.

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, you would need the cooperation of the provider to pair the card to the new cam. There's no way you can fiddle with it to change the keys as the firmware is digitally signed. You also cant change any of the details on the card, only the provider can do that !

Your best bet would probably to get a 3rd party cam that handles N3 where you can enter the relevant details yourself. You would then have to get the present details extracted from your existing box which may be easy or difficult depending on the particular box model.

Thanks a lot, sorry about the late reply, I will maybe just try it first, to see what can be done, if not, I will get a 3rd party CAM that supports Nagra encryption.

You are right Nozzer, you can't do much about it,
but, I have a foreign subscription with a monthly pay, with a Nagravision Smartcard

If its a legit subscription then cant you ask the operator for a CAM unit ?

Generally, in Europe most sat operators are required to sell the CAM's so that customers can select their own equipment.

Back