Nagra 3

These are the sorts of threads a newbie will look at and not hang around for long.
I would imagine quite a few people came on here for one thing, a way to get their card/box working but found there was more to this forum than just that and stuck around even after they got what they came for.

I think we need to show a more positive attitude so newer members will feel more welcome

We have treated newbies badly for the last couple of years.

I don't have a problem with newbies but people that have been a member for a while with less than 10 posts get short change from me as I tend to think they are just leeches.

We all started knowing nothing but if people are not willing to help passing on what they have learnt.

On the nagra 3 I'm not to bothered as I have a legit v+ box and will continue to play with neutrino images for my 500-s box (sky dish just to get freesat channels).

Cable for me has always been an interest/hobby and I have always paid my package, in my opinion n3 is only here because to many people got greedy and paid nothing which has pushed vermin into paying for the change to n3 as they have been losing to much money and they don't want to go the same way as on digital.

Another hack ruined by the greedy :(

How many times are the following questions going to be asked:

Has it been cracked
When is it coming
Does this mean my box is screwed

FFS people get a grip and use your fookin eyes. There are repetitive posts which just take the pish, if you look you will find the answers instead of having everything put in your lap.

You have had the free cable now get used to paying for it or don't have it at all, those are your choices. Live with it!

When a crack is released if it gets cracked then DW will be one of the first sites that information will be shared on but until then if it happens, stop fookin askin!

Good to see an interesting Rant for a change, but as usual some people have failed to get the point and wandered into "newbie bashing" territory.

Bouncer's rant has nothing to do with newbies, it's about lazyness. Everybody knows how to read.

Good rant m8. Rep added.

Why is the OP complaining about random posts popping up everywhere?
TBH mate, the only people who should care are the mods, coz they have the administer everything and delete posts/users
You should be happy, DW will have thousands and thousands of more members when the changeover to N3 happens
lol, I'm looking forward to N3 to see those new members

Why is the OP complaining about random posts popping up everywhere?
TBH mate, the only people who should care are the mods, coz they have the administer everything and delete posts/users.

Mods have got better things to do than chase round deleting dumb posts from people who lack the basic good manners, and are too lazy, to do a little research.

Cable for me has always been an interest/hobby and I have always paid my package, in my opinion n3 is only here because to many people got greedy and paid nothing which has pushed vermin into paying for the change to n3 as they have been losing to much money and they don't want to go the same way as on digital.

Another hack ruined by the greedy :(

I think vm will lose out more by the change, with people just having a line and basic package so they can use there modded boxes will leave vm and either goto sky and pay legit or learn card sharing.

I only pay for broadband with vm but will go to sky as it will be cheaper at the end of the day.

Good to see an interesting Rant for a change, but as usual some people have failed to get the point and wandered into "newbie bashing" territory.

Bouncer's rant has nothing to do with newbies, it's about lazyness. Everybody knows how to read.

Good rant m8. Rep added.

Thanks Nara, nice to see somebody has grasped what I am trying to get at.

I would understand if there wasn't a thread about or if it was a few weeks old but having so many threads still active about the same subject is just idle on the members part. It is going to get worse with the new members joining but thats not newbie bashing as they may not know where to post I expect loads of cable talk in the shoutbox and the General Chat

I think vm will lose out more by the change, ......

Unlikely !

The majority of people who presently subscribe to cable tv will simply increase their subs to get the channels they want. Most wont want the hassle of having to get another option fitted when they know they can get a similar product with just a quick phone call. 15 Mins and they get the channels they need !

People who only subscribe to internet/phone are probably going to continue with that. There really isn't a comparable internet provider in terms of quality of service. For many ADSL just isn't a viable option and even where it is viable, it really isn't a good option in comparison to a dedicated cable link.

People who are using cable TV without subscribing at all, well, VM really aren't going to notice them dropping away are they ?

Yes, some customers will migrate but overall, I'm willing to bet that VM will see a rise in their annual turnover !

I will change to sky once the n3 kicks in....not that it matter to them anyway lol

I'm not which way I'll go ATM, whether to just raise my subs even more with VM or change to Sky full time.

IF I could raise my subs, but still keep TV all around the rest of the house, without paying an extra tenner a month per box, (4 extra boxes) I'd definitely stay with VM, but as I don't think that's going to be an option, I guess I'll have to seriously consider the Sky route. Pity there is no threads explaining all the options I'd like answering, and I'm guessing it wouldn't go down well, were one to be started. ;)

I see some are jumping ship to Sky
you've taken months/years of free connection from cable,why not give a little back ?

I see some are jumping ship to Sky
you've taken months/years of free connection from cable,why not give a little back ?

seems people like to get what there can for free one thing for sure the service on virgin will be runing alot faster and forgive me if am wrong what do you get free on sky???? ohhhhh thats right free glasses to see yer bill happy viewing hahahahaha

Last edited:
Personally i have often been a dual subscriber to sly and cable, as has been mentioned here cable BB is pretty much unbeatable, there phone is a fooin disgrace tbh lol.
The cable tv service is pretty much crap, there tiering from M to XL makes no sense as far as lineup is concerned - doubtless intended to force us to choose XL lineups.
if we then have to look at the XL lineup we have to compare it to the 6 entertainment packs from sky. Who currently appear to have a better lineup and better deals on a 12months basis. how ever it has to be said that virgin are offering curently 2 months free on there services BB and TV however this does not include and phone services that may be bundled.

From this we have to conclude the inescapable truth of our domestic service providers of the following; There customer support is good until one is actually a subscriber, sky attach little value to existing customer retention, while VM will make deals to retain out of contract Sky often do not (they do however immediately on cancellation send atractive offers lol).
It is abundantly clear there is insufficient provider competition to ensure we actually get good value for our tv services provisions, basically we get ripped off by a margin imo of some 35% at least.
This leaves most of us bargain hunters with a bit of a dilema, in the past many may have chosen to relieve virgin of the dilema of offering decent bundled services discounts by selecting them as a provider and enhancing the package with self obtained tv packages.
Allowing top tier BB and phone consumption and a free minimal tv allowance basically foc.

If one then can no longer keep the phone on a top tier then expect to be ripped to bits with charges, especially in a world of 0845 and 0871 numbers!!! the scam here is the connection charge and that is why the phone is plied so heavily imo, also the weekend calls to virgin mobiles a while back got massaged into double the cost and went largely unnoticed by many of us. You still can't beat a good old BT landline. unfortunately we can't go near em for BB becuase they throttle BitTorrent to death, the speed is all over the place, and they sneaked in a little thing called a termination charge with the agreement of ofcom apparently at the end of last year - a charge which has more than doubled in a year infact!!!

The best qaulity of service full package arranges in the following way in my view therefore;

BT for landline - best for overall pricing although i am not awre of sky's offering here

Broadband - By miles the 50meg Virgin offering not so pricey when you look at BT's offerings

Tv Packages - channels llineup as a uk provider alone is unrivalled, making use of offers can reduce the costs!!

All 3 of the above offerings are the prime sevices for entertainment, phone and Broadband, but if you run with all those you are getting hammered on costs.
The end result for Virgin is a huge reliance on there broadband attractiveness, i must admit it is enough to keep me interested in them although this 0845 business is getting very tiresome since those numbers do not fit into my huge mobile free minutes packages either.

On the basis of my somewhat shaky review here, it is very hard to see how virgin are likely to do anything other than drive these people currently watching there services for free, straight into the open arms of Mr Murdoch if they are not currently making use of the broadband packages from virgin... in my considered opinion they would be crazy not to go to sky lol. Lets not forget that base tier BB on virgin is also comparable to SLy's extremely low cost offering for high tier customers with BT landlines, high tiers are doable with discounts currently being offered as well!!!

These 2 providers are clearly gearing up to nail us all to the wall in 2011 with unfavourable pricing structures.. right now the governments wants us all digital, they look good with these great offers but when they have us all they will screw us - they always do.

seems people like to get what there can for free one thing for sure the service on virgin will be runing alot faster and forget me if am wrong what do you get free on sky???? ohhhhh thats right free glasses to see yer bill happy viewing hahahahaha

I prefer to forgive rather than forget. :)

TBC, quality post. covers most options, explains well, and AFAICT, looks accurate. Rep left.

Both Sky and VM charge about the same for multiroom don't they, as that is going to be a big factor in which way I decide to go?

I preferred the old days of analogue when you could just feed the same picture all around the house, no need for extra boxes! Lol.

there are a number of options for those just wanting to get same service in there bedroom obviously. these include remote extenders and a/v senders, there are of course the more nafarious options such as home c/s networks it is almost certain these will become available in due course as doable options.

Sky multiroom will require a phone line to be connected, this is done i understand to make sure the box is actually in your home and not your mates lol. It only requires or used to a once a month talkback though :)

So I guess this has gone from a rant to a very informative thread :Clap:

Well i had a hacked set top box then a euro box for years but now have the V+ HD in main living room plus the normal box in bedroom, son still has the euro in his room But i pay them £90pm now so their slowly getting the money's back off me for years of free viewing.

Back