My Tube Player (YouTube) plugin Dreambox [SE/HD]

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this version works on the Dreambox 800SE (SunRay)

transfer to temp folder and install via dreambox installer

I know its in the main forum too but easy to find here :)

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_1.0-20110805-r4_mipsel.ipk
    295.3 KB · Views: 171
I love YouTube on the dream I must say! wicked when you want to watch some thing from YouTube in full screen! works really well!

And here's the version for the 800HD as well in case any one wants it.

Remember to uninstall the version that's already there (I had to do this for the 800HD)

Not sure if you want to split this bud.?

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-mytube_experimental-git20110807-r0_dm800.ipk
    337.4 KB · Views: 91
I know this version works on the Dreambox 800SE (SunRay)

transfer to temp folder and install via dreambox installer

I know its in the main forum too but easy to find here :)

Does this work on the clones?

Yeah and can confirm mine is a clone 800HD as well, works mint!

I dont think you can as Ive looked through setup in MyTube, but thought Id ask anyway in case ive missed it

can you log into you youtube account with this ? to see all your saved/favorite videos?

I dont think you can as Ive looked through setup in MyTube, but thought Id ask anyway in case ive missed it

can you log into you youtube account with this ? to see all your saved/favorite videos?

No mate. not as far as I can see, History works though if that'll help, but there ain't no linking/logging in.

Hi rat, I was messing about with the utube plugin today and noticed that if I press the text button to bring up the virtual keyboard the app type something in and try and search it green screens, is this the problem you were having?

I only ask because it's the first time I tried searching using that method I've always just pressed the bouquet up button on the main screen and typed the text in the top bit. Is that how you were doing it and still getting those green screens

no mate, it would green screen as soon as I tried to open the plugin, wouldent even open
:)

Hmmm
I can search and playback fine from the plugin in post 1, you pressing the bouquet button to go over to the search side ?
only thing I cant seem to do is download videos but it has download location

Hmmm
I can search and playback fine from the plugin in post 1, you pressing the bouquet button to go over to the search side ?
only thing I cant seem to do is download videos but it has download location

Has It? I've never noticed it.....I'll have to have a look....

This still isn't 100%. I did a search and it green screened :-(

Did you un-install 1st, and which box have you got mate?

I've got the 800 SE Clone. I just installed it the once - this was the plugin on the first page

urm, what In was meaning, or have to do with the 800HD is unistall the existing youtube plugin (the image came with one) removed and restarted. Then installed the one that I posted. I've tried installing the you tube plugin over the top and found that it would green screen, so not removing the one that was built into the image 1st.

Suppose you could try removing it and then re-starting and then install again. ?

I reflashed my box and it didn't have the you tube plugin installed as default on the new image

Yes, i'll try uninstalling and re-installing

oh.......erm.......not sure then Purity matey, I just know this worked (and is working) on the 800HD

You know what these boxes can be like, maybe some thing conflicting with it, have you had a look through the latest crash log? Maybe that will help narrow it down or give some explanation.

mowax, I have the dreambox 800HD and I have seen the file you posted but do not know how to put this on my dreambox? can you please give me step by step instructions on how to do this?

Thanks

Hi waheed24 :) I always install IPK files this way

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Rat, what is the ftp to tmp folder?
Also how do i get the file onto the dreambox in the first place?

I know I have to ftp to the temp folder but how exactly is this done? could you explain the steps please?

Back