my sunray vu solo2 clone is DEAD by bomb...¿Should I use Jtag or replace IC chip?

Yes You Can.
You need universal NAD FLASH Programmer it cost around USD 700.00 which is expensive for spend that much money for the fix VU, Best way I suggest Solder TSOP48 Socket on that small NAD FLASH Extension Board, and you can use BBS software with Cypress , this is cheapest method I found.
Good luck.

also i have another vu plus solo 2 stck on ubfis ; any solution will be very appreciated

Hi There,
Be frankly I do not believe that bomb issue, VU+ Solo2 so far from my experiences it has file management problem with in the firmware, which is file allocation not calculated proper. therefore suppliers give many none sense reason to avoid replacement. specially Clones, be frankly I do not know which is and which clone and real.. VU also re structured design from DM that is the reason you will see similar files and directory hierarchy identical each system.

Anyway for your problem : once NAD FLASH Corrupted you must replace with the new one regardless you have JTAG or not, unless you have better Application tools then BBS. also I would like to remind you that China suppliers sending TOSHIBA NAD FLASH pre-programmed unfortunately I could not Find same chip from Toshiba, Part number some how twisted. so i advice you purchase Samsung NAD FLASH or you are sure how to program NAD FLASH Memory with proper rights tools or boot loaders.

if you search forums or google (VU+ Solo2 CFE + clones) Problems you will have many hints that will help you to solve your problem. be frankly only you can help your self but you need some experiences with SMT or SMD soldering de-soldering Technics otherwise get some expert help.

Good luck

Perfection do not come easy..

also i have another vu plus solo 2 stck on ubfis ; any solution will be very appreciated
Have you tried flashing with a different USB stick and remove any internal HDD?

@joedoyan Believe it, it's clone bomb! The bootloader not changing frequently so no reason for corruption, the filesystem changing but UBIFS can handle corrupted flash blocks. I did not changed the flash from my friend solo2, just removed reprogrammed the (missing)boot area re-soldered and still working.

Last edited by a moderator:
@tibi67, if you say clone bomb! it is fine. May I know How did you re program your NAD FLASH (My Mean What kind Programer you used for recovery. (Just removed reprogrammed the (missing)boot area re-soldered and still working) I am referring Samsung K9F2G08R0A, as well as Toshiba TC58NVG1S3ETA00, Data Sheets. if you use external programing tools No Doubt Can be recovered. but there is no guarantees.

Subject to Clone bomb, I have Clone VU+ solo2 with Sunray Sim2. unfortunately I did not have to go to internet, locally I installed several PLUGIN's also VU+ become useless did not boot at all, so I try to find out what is happening. for that I invest for 20pcs NAD FLASH, and EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A for JTAG, my conclusion is anything come above 128MB VU+ fail to BOOT. I have no doubt that file system Can handle Bad sectors but once NAD FLASH (WP) write protection bit Enabled I think it will be very difficult write or recover Bad sectors with broadbandstudio3, this is the cheapest solution for everyone, :banana:unless Write Protection Bit must disabled.

Same as you, I tough that also clone bomb. for me it was not. I give you another Hint. you can remove Sunray Sim2 if you have, I removed and I am running latest original Black Hole Image available without any problem at this moment. it will be good idea we can share our experiences guide others. it is not important how we describe. most important problem must solve.:fishpair:

Last edited by a moderator:
...you can remove Sunray Sim2 if you have, I removed and I am running latest original Black Hole Image available without any problem...
You have a Sunray Solo2 and you have removed something and now it takes latest original images? Can I ask what did you remove?

I removed SANRAY SIM2, just for try and error diagnostic I had problems such as hang and freeze images or remote controller stacks etc.

without thinking power off VU+ then I just Take it out from socket it clearly Labeled SUNRAY SIM2 with yellow sticker, I am not sure all clones comes with it.. then I power again, I try to play around all funny symptoms are not there anymore.
I wanted do more I spent some time downloading images from several sites, I did re-flashing with different images, all did not have any problems.
Except Back up images. size more than 128MB. as I early mentioned I flashed Original Image until today it is working fine with me..

PS..
In this forum GO TO FIRST PAGE YOU WILL SEE photo that clearly shows how look like SUNRAY SIM2.
Attention to Readers: please take a note that I am not expert what I do try and test with my own risks and documents my experiences. if it is helps all off you the solve the problem I am happy about it.

Last edited:
Hello friend !!!
I have the same problem !!!
Is there any solution to repair the deco ?

Back