my locked funcard is locked

in the NCE prog to build the flash file theres 2 fields i dont understand 1) is the field which says Hash key and 2) is the CAM ID field...can some one fill me in....does the Hash Key mean the H key?

xv2 only allows u to insert your Box Key and IRD number...but to update the box to have the new keys init u need to make a hex file with that info right?

j_z90 said:
xv2 only allows u to insert your Box Key and IRD number...but to update the box to have the new keys init u need to make a hex file with that info right?
someone tell me what a CAM ID is please?

xv2 in the download section allready has the new keys in it
that is all u need

also cam is a american idea
it is what we call a smart card

here just to save u the trouble of LOOKING :eek:

next post should be thankyou it is working now lolol

thanx for ur help but i already have the software im just waiting for my card programmer....thanx anyway

so when one of the software asks for the CAM ID its asking for the Smartcard number?...if so where do i find out what the CAM ID for a Funcard 4 from?...i know i can use the software and it will do it for me...but i also like to learn and understand what im doing so if i do come accross a problem i can try and solve it and also offer help to anyone else who has a problem

the cam/card number is 8 digits in length it can be in hexadecimal or just numbers
hex meaning
ABCDEF no more than this in letters

for example 2A4D1C90

does each fun card have their own CAM ID?
also i noticed on the front page that there is a Box key checker by typing in the IRD number typed mine in and it said no records does that mean i got the wrong number?

No it means that it isn't in that particular list.

Make a CAM ID yourself, just use 1111.... or something.

i got my programmer today and i updated my card and i worked u guys must know the fealing when somethin just works...thanx for all your help.

Can I just ask a quick question? Where can I find the funviewer software?
I have looked around for it and can't seem to find it.

I have a fun card already, not programmed by me, and I want to read my ird and bk off it so I can try and program another fun card so that I get an idea of what I am doing. We learn by doing :)

Many thanks.

never mind, I just opened the int eep hex using NCE v2 and read them from that.

Now just need to write them to a new card and see if that works.

One quick question regarding your first post.
You go to a shop to get your card reprogrammed!? I’m surprised any shop would offer such a service. Or are you referring to a trader as a shop?

yeah i went to a proper shop to get my card reprogrammed...but was told that the card was locked to i had to go back to the person i bought the box from and get him to do it...which was out of the question as he was charging £30 a go...and if your an ex-c&w customer ntl change the code may times for us....which works out expensive in the end....so i suggest get a card reprogrammer and have some fun and money.

Back