Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Front Bumpers Fucked

DiscoDave

Inactive User
Just been shopping with the wife to TESCO and when i came out the store i found a fuckin trolley embeded in my new cars front bumper so i lost the plot and was throwing trolleys all over the place (wife wasn't amused) and now i have a big gouge out my bumper which i'll need to pay for to get sorted and i'm not happy.

RANT OVER.

:Angryfire:grrrr::slaps:

get the store to find the CCTV and find out who done it and get them to pay for it

I went to the manager and he kindly reminded me that there is a sign that states "Tesco are not responsible for any damage that occurs on their property" and i nearly fuckin choked the dick so **** tesco cause i wont be back and if i did get the fuckers that did it i would end them big time.

Even if Tesco accept no responsibilty.
They should still enable you to look at the CCTV, someone committed criminal damage and they may have evidence.

In any case ANYBODY can insist on viewing ANY CCTV footage if there is a possibility that they were filmed whether anything happened or not. It's part of data protection and human rights legislation. That's the law.

Threaten them with lawyers.

Read this http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/SaferStreets/DG_10034524
And this http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/cctv_code_of_practice_html/9_responsibilities.html

Last edited:
Even if Tesco accept no responsibilty.
They should still enable you to look at the CCTV, someone committed criminal damage and they may have evidence.

In any case ANYBODY can insist on viewing ANY CCTV footage if there is a possibility that they were filmed whether anything happened or not. It's part of data protection and human rights legislation. That's the law.

Threaten them with lawyers.

Read this How CCTV is used in the community : Directgov - Home and community
And this ICO - CCTV code of practice

Thanks mate i'll defo look into this.

trust me , thats bullshit from tesco manager.......all companies put up these signs, re: liability......just to put ppl off , but the fact is......it happened on their property and they ARE responsible for who comes and goes and what they do when they are there........eg. what do you think would happen if you crashed into the front door.....they'd sue you, so you get a solicitor and get him to send them and the managera nice reminder of this fact that he will be personally sued for the safety of your belongings while on their property......ppl just don't challange these ar#e-holes

Last edited:
As bod says, those disclaimer notices in the car park have no legal standing.

Hope you get this resolved soon m8.

WTF were you doing in Tesco anyway...the new Asda's is just up the road to you :)

I know the feeling mate happened to me last month and I had to shell out 200 squid for a new bumper, keep on at the store and they'll eventually get tired and payout lol

This same thing happened to the missus mom down ASDA and they went and compained to customer services, they then got the CCTV footage, saw it happened onsite and asked for a few quotations from local garages, they paid up and it was all sorted within a few weeks. Best of luck m8

Was it really imbedded or was it a tiny little scratch that has been exaggerated? ;)

I demand photographic evidence.

;)

lol
@ BOD i'm going to take your advice mate and i'm taking this the distance cheers.

@ Seedy i know mate but the wife wanted to go to TESCOs but that's the last.

@ Witchy Right you ya wido LOL it was in about 6 ft well it looked like that but really it is just a deep scratch i'll post the pics shortly.

I'ts amazing the damage a trolley can do.

ENZO.jpg

Last edited:
@ BOD i'm going to take your advice mate and i'm taking this the distance cheers.

@ Seedy i know mate but the wife wanted to go to TESCOs but that's the last.

@ Witchy Right you ya wido LOL it was in about 6 ft well it looked like that but really it is just a deep scratch i'll post the pics shortly.

I'ts amazing the damage a trolley can do.

ENZO.jpg

Fook me your not gonna get that out with tcut m8:Biggrin2:

Back