My Arcade Cab Project 08

well, ive tried that many versions of it now and each seems to have a different problem lol. I dont know if its because im running xp64. Got loads of different mpeg sets but they all still seem to give me errors lol. Ive even now downloaded daphne 1.0 beta and im waiting for 'Dragon's Lair 20th Anniversary Special Edition' to be delivered as it now says it will rip it for you if you have the discs. Im only really interested in playing Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair 2 and Space Ace as they are the one that made me stop and stare and waste money as a kid :)

I assume that you've set it up correctly ie

1) You have a folder for the roms and in that, a folder called lair for the dl1 roms
2) You have a video folder and in that, a folder called lair for the dl1 video
3) You have a framefile folder and in that the dl1 framefile
4) You have edited the dl1 framefile to point to the dl1 video
5) You have loaded Daphne and configured that to look for the framefile

I assume that you've set it up correctly ie

1) You have a folder for the roms and in that, a folder called lair for the dl1 roms
2) You have a video folder and in that, a folder called lair for the dl1 video
3) You have a framefile folder and in that the dl1 framefile
4) You have edited the dl1 framefile to point to the dl1 video
5) You have loaded Daphne and configured that to look for the framefile

Yes done all that :(

Just had the disks come and it works fine now, but looks like it may be running fast, cant remember how fast its ment to run, last time i played it at an arcade was probably 15 years ago lol.

Just had the disks come and it works fine now, but looks like it may be running fast, cant remember how fast its ment to run, last time i played it at an arcade was probably 15 years ago lol.

Come on man! Where's the pics? I'm interested in seeing your finished cab!

Come on man! Where's the pics? I'm interested in seeing your finished cab!

hehe, i was waiting until i put on some side art untill i put some pics on here. But will go and take a few with my phone now ......

Heres some quick pics with my phone .....

Colour changing led's in joystick balls. White LED's to light up marque. Leaf switches for silent button pressing. THX speakers and sub for the jukebox. Have got same graphics as control panel to put on the side, when i get around to it :)

Last edited:
Heres some quick pics with my phone .....

Colour changing led's in joystick balls. White LED's to light up marque. Leaf switches for silent button pressing. THX speakers and sub for the jukebox. Have got same graphics as control panel to put on the side, when i get around to it :)

It's looking promising that m8. Very impressed with the button and joystick wiring - neat and tidy. Mines all over the place :)

Have you changed the monitor bezel or is it the original one? It looks different to me.

It's looking promising that m8. Very impressed with the button and joystick wiring - neat and tidy. Mines all over the place :)

Have you changed the monitor bezel or is it the original one? It looks different to me.

I had the wiring all over the place to beguin with but it kept on getting trapped so spent a bit of time on it. Monitor bezel is the original one.

I had the wiring all over the place to beguin with but it kept on getting trapped so spent a bit of time on it. Monitor bezel is the original one.

So what are you running on your cab?

I've currently got Mame with the latest rom set. About 20gigs of CHD files, Daphne laserdisk games, some Nintendo 64 games, and Mad Dog Mcree PC version

Have you successfully hidden Windows?

So what are you running on your cab?

I've currently got Mame with the latest rom set. About 20gigs of CHD files, Daphne laserdisk games, some Nintendo 64 games, and Mad Dog Mcree PC version

Have you successfully hidden Windows?

At the moment just running Mame64 and Daphne with just Dragons Lair, Dragons Lair 2 and Space Ace.
Mame version is 0.124a, havent updated it yet as dont know the best way lol. My roms directory is 79.5 gig so i think i have a few CHD files in there lol.
I did have a play with pinmame but couldn't get it running at all so took it off.
Havent tried to hide windows yet as i want to add a couple more buttons (left mouse, right mouse) above the trackball and still want to update mame a bit more.
Misses is moaning a bit, i told her that she would be able to play crystal maze on it but its not working. She does like the jukebox though :)

At the moment just running Mame64 and Daphne with just Dragons Lair, Dragons Lair 2 and Space Ace.
Mame version is 0.124a, havent updated it yet as dont know the best way lol. My roms directory is 79.5 gig so i think i have a few CHD files in there lol.
I did have a play with pinmame but couldn't get it running at all so took it off.
Havent tried to hide windows yet as i want to add a couple more buttons (left mouse, right mouse) above the trackball and still want to update mame a bit more.
Misses is moaning a bit, i told her that she would be able to play crystal maze on it but its not working. She does like the jukebox though :)

I was gonna put together a sticky with all the stuff I did to hide Windows. It might prove useful.

Instead of the Crystal Maze game get her on the Coronation Street game. My missus loves it! Very hard though!

Back