Must have tool box for Firestick or Android box.

I've had a go on my android box, and although it connects and I can use the scrcpy to see and control my device non of the other commands work like install apk and list apk's. I'll try my firestick and see if I have better luck.

Tried on my 4K firestick and it installed apps and works good 👍

Question: what will or how do I find the port number for someone elses firestick?

Last edited:
is it not 5555 by default

is it not 5555 by default
Will try. Just thought it would be something else cos he says on the same network it will be 5555 and I thought it would be different in someone elses house 👍

I reckon that port 5555 would need to be forwarded in your router settings
100% it has to be forwarded. He mentions some router settings that are covered in another video.
Not sure that is very secure tbh. Fair enough it’s only the Android box that is open to attack but it’s still open.

I like this tool and it's great for anything on LAN but with regards to WAN, I would prefer there being an app maybe on client that tells them their external IP and provides a OTP. This client could then open up a random port for which we could then connect to.

Better security than just leaving a port open on their firewall or the pain of talking them through opening a port

Can you access the stick filing system [push pull files] like ADBlink can ? or is it just for apk's ?

find this impossible to believe that it will work without the need to port forward or similar on firewall/router like he makes out.

Also the fact that if it is true that its a serious security issue even with the need to accept USB debugging

My thoughts exactly, your only protection is not allowing the debugging tick box that's once you know the users IP address. But what stops you going back and forth once remote access has been granted an you know the IP ?.
Then, your sign in login details to your Amazon account ?, can the be retrieved somehow ?. Anything that grants remote access is a breach in security to your system. You have to put 100% trust in who your letting in. I'm gonna ask a good m8 this morning let me try it on his stick.
I've used it at home and it works but, I could not find which key on my keyboard was the return like the return arrow on the remote, nothing seemed to take me back a page
For home use it's fine but for as he puts it "Customers" ? errr no thanks for now I will pass

I've used it at home and it works but, I could not find which key on my keyboard was the return like the return arrow on the remote

Is it not the right mouse button? As for connecting to a friends machine, another video is coming soon on what needs to be done for this. I assume he will cover security risks.

I just checked using my android box, return works with the esc key or the right mouse button. @silverdale

Last edited:
Some things to note with this method (some of which weren't mentioned in video):-
  • Client External facing IP can change (many ISPs dynamically assign IPs)
  • FireStick IP can also change (client router will normally dynamically assign an IP)
  • The pain of talking many people through opening/closing a port likely a nightmare
  • Security implication of opening port (ie 5555)
Some things can be done to make this little easier but still a potential nightmare to support someone.

It would be much easier to do the same thing but have a vpn set up on the device.
If you had to deal with multiple clients that is.

Back