multisat on fixed dishes

jango_nick

Inactive User
Reaction score
At the moment i have 2 dm500s and have got 4 fixed dishes.
When say i want to use 13e i am taking the arial out of the back of the dm and then plugging in the one i need. But the problem is having to rescan for channels all the time when i change around.
Can i set up using say the motorised option even though they are fixed dishes so i dont have to rescan all the time.
Thanks

Invest in a 4-way diseqc switch, only about 12 quid. Then you can have 4 dish inputs and just 1 output. As for the second box it depends how you have that set up now? If you have twin output lnb's then just get a second diseqc switch for the second box too.

Also you dont set up menu's as 'motorised', there is an option for multisat diseqc setups since its common. Instant channel change with no waiting for motor :)

Yes, just set up each receiver for DiSEqC 1.0 switching. I think I got my switch even cheaper than that. Four TWIN lnbs such as the Inverto Silvertech 0.2dB and you're away, no more messing.
If you were thinking of adding any more dishes or LNBs though, think ahead now.
Diseqc 1.0 can only go up to 4 LNBs. To get any more a different switch would be needed
such as one of the EMP Centuari ones, that can do up to 8, using Diseqc1.1 or Diseqc1.2.
Robbo: multi :

Last edited:
Thanks for replies.
What exact equipment would you say i needed, the exact setup what i am trying to achieve is. As i said i have four dishes and 2 boxes which i want to make upto four boxes in the future and I want to access the various satellites but then say on a saturday use all four boxes to have all the football on nilesat(showtime) so using just the one dish.
This is for a bar thats why i want all on showtime on a sat.
Thanks in advance

p.s anyone know an easy way of getting the rf/picture around various tv's without tons of cable any new gadgets.

With four boxes and 4 dishes you are starting to move into multiswitch territory, but still well within the capabilities of multi output LNBs and Diseqc swiitching.
So for four boxes and four dishes, you need:
4 x 4way DiSEqC 1.0 (or 2.0) switches.
4 quad LNBs.

plus Quite a few F-connectors by the look of it and some more decent cable such as wf100
or similar.

The more you pay for switches the better quality and reliability you will get usually.
I got one of these:-
http://www.falconsat.co.uk/eurostar-4x1-diseqc-switch-p-29.html
cheap and nasty, but seems to do the job OK, the Global ones are supposed to be better.
the Spaun ones probably even better still, but they will be pricey.
I use a TWIN lnb, an Inverto Silvertech 0.2dB, it seems OK, I don't know what we be a good QUAD.

Last edited:
Back