Reaction score
1 metre Dish 3 Lnb's
28.0e, 19.0e, 13.0e sited in Berkshire

Can get signal and Channels on all three,
But still missing some channels on each LNB

28.0e cannot get BBC South / TCM

Have tried moving LNB's skew doesn't seem to make any difference
Setting up on Technomate Twin
in Satellite Finder cannot seem to get any signal showing for 13.0e but can get most channels

it seems some LNB's are picking up only Vertical feeds and other only Horizontal

Hope someone can help
Regards

1 metre Dish 3 Lnb's
28.0e, 19.0e, 13.0e sited in Berkshire

Can get signal and Channels on all three,
But still missing some channels on each LNB

28.0e cannot get BBC South / TCM

Have tried moving LNB's skew doesn't seem to make any difference
Setting up on Technomate Twin
in Satellite Finder cannot seem to get any signal showing for 13.0e but can get most channels

it seems some LNB's are picking up only Vertical feeds and other only Horizontal

Hope someone can help
Regards

Are these new LNB's ? When LNB's can only see one polarity it usually means their faulty.

Hello Ferret,
Yes they were all new, I originally bought 80cm dish with multi LNB bracket and LNB's

But I found I had a 1 metre dish so I used that with the new Bracket and LNB's all seemed fine
except missing some channels.
I did try the original LNB that was with the 1 metre dish but lost 28.0e completely
I may have some other LNB's could try them?
Thanks for replying so quickly

Yes 19.0e Centered, (Seems strongest signal on receiver meter)
But even so still missing channels

Appreciate your help

13E must be coming in strong also are you using latest frequencies for scanning with ? Maybe all you need is a decent satellite.xml to scan with.

What are the signal strength you have on 28 and 13 ?

28 is showing 90% but only on one plain Horizontal
Changing to vertical zilch

13.0e is showing nothing on either plain but I'm getting channels although some are greyed out in the lists and some folders marked with what looks like paper clip can not access them at all

this is on signal finder on Technomate Twin

Take out the switch and try the sats positions individually direct cable to LNB. See if your problem goes away.

Also tell us how you have each LNB configure in the tuner config.

Are you able to check with a different diseqc switch? Please also try with an updated channel list.

There is a signal finder on the images. On Vix it is
Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Sat finder

Hello Abu,
Thanks for joining in, I am using: Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Sat finder
to find signal strength, it doesn't show anything on 13.0e but I am getting channels?
Everything points to LNB skew but if I move LNB I can lose signal but not improve.
Sorry Ferret, the set up is
Tuner A: 28.0e on Sky fixed Dish
Tuner B: On NEW 1metre Dish (with 4 way diseqc) Port A: 28.0e Port B: 19.0e Port C: Hotbird 13.2e Port D: Not used
I have done several blind searches for channels also manual scan 10818 v on 28.0e to find BBC South without success.
I have also just bought a Satfinder to try this weekend as the dish is right at the bottom of my garden which is quite a walk when pacing up and down to move LNB then walk back to check signal.
Can the diseqc switch affect polarity??, I'm really stumped cause everything is in place just needs tweaking, tempted to try new LNB's but can all three new ones be iffy?
Regards & Thanks

Hello Abu,
Thanks for joining in, I am using: Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Sat finder
to find signal strength, it doesn't show anything on 13.0e but I am getting channels?
Everything points to LNB skew but if I move LNB I can lose signal but not improve.
Sorry Ferret, the set up is
Tuner A: 28.0e on Sky fixed Dish
Tuner B: On NEW 1metre Dish (with 4 way diseqc) Port A: 28.0e Port B: 19.0e Port C: Hotbird 13.2e Port D: Not used
I have done several blind searches for channels also manual scan 10818 v on 28.0e to find BBC South without success.
I have also just bought a Satfinder to try this weekend as the dish is right at the bottom of my garden which is quite a walk when pacing up and down to move LNB then walk back to check signal.
Can the diseqc switch affect polarity??, I'm really stumped cause everything is in place just needs tweaking, tempted to try new LNB's but can all three new ones be iffy?
Regards & Thanks

Use a cable dirlectly to each lnb leave the switch out of the system if tweak the positioning of each lnb without the switch inline. Im thinking its a switch or lnb setup issue.

Can you see all 3 sats using this method ?

Hello Ferret,
Will have try this the weekend, dark by the time I get home, I have now ordered a new diseqc and three LNB's
all I need is a dry Saturday, thanks for advice, just hope everything is delivered before weekend. Cannot do antmore than replace everything except dish.
Thanks again

Hello Ferret,
Will have try this the weekend, dark by the time I get home, I have now ordered a new diseqc and three LNB's
all I need is a dry Saturday, thanks for advice, just hope everything is delivered before weekend. Cannot do antmore than replace everything except dish.
Thanks again

Well the reason I suggested testing without the switch is the DMM range can be a little picky with Diseqc switches particularly if there is a long run of cable involved, id of tested what you have now without a switch before I bought anything .

Gotcha! Ferret, didn't think of that I could have directly connected to one LNB and then rescanned bypassing diseqc?
The fool that I am has already in his possession 3 new LNB's also got small SATLINK 6906 satfinder bit of a toy but looks like it may save me the walk each time (guess it being around 150ft but cable run would be longer) and a new diseqc in the post.
I will go directly from LNB into SATLINK see if I can get BBC South
Thanks

150ft or 45 meters is really pushing it the power/amperage loss could be enough to not give correct diseqc or polarity switching, the amperage output on DMM boxes is very feeble.

I may be able to lose a few metres of cable it is a new installation and at present just connected up using the full 50m roll.
I still have to do cable tidying.
I will try this weekend weather permitting and post here. If it is cable run then I should find out with the SAtfinder 6906
connected directly to the LNB's
Thanks will keep you informed

Ferret! where are you?
Here's a twist, I have Panasonic TV with Sat Tuner fed from fixed 28.0e 60cm Dish with twin LNB can get BBC South

Technomate TM Twin with one Tuner fed From Fixed 60cm Dish twin LNB
Other Tuner fed from 1 metre Dish as per previous discussions

Swopped feeds over from 60cm Dish put TV feed into TM Tuner "A"
Replacing TV with Feed from Tuner.
TV can still get BBC South. Tuner can not receive it??
How come TV can get BBC SOUTH + others but TM Twin cannot??

Ferret! where are you?
Here's a twist, I have Panasonic TV with Sat Tuner fed from fixed 28.0e 60cm Dish with twin LNB can get BBC South

Technomate TM Twin with one Tuner fed From Fixed 60cm Dish twin LNB
Other Tuner fed from 1 metre Dish as per previous discussions

Swopped feeds over from 60cm Dish put TV feed into TM Tuner "A"
Replacing TV with Feed from Tuner.
TV can still get BBC South. Tuner can not receive it??
How come TV can get BBC SOUTH + others but TM Twin cannot??

Have you tried a rescan using a new satellite.xml or even a premade channel list.

I understand your experimenting but none of this on the fixed dish explains or helps you problem with only receiving 1 polarity on the big dish.

Have you tried a rescan using a new satellite.xml or even a premade channel list.

I understand your experimenting but none of this on the fixed dish explains or helps you problem with only receiving 1 polarity on the big dish.

Sorry Ferret, I thought the two might be related as BBC South is the channel that pointed out the polarity problem, I think South East is Horizontal which I can get on both TV & TM Twin but BBC South is vertical which I can't get on TM Twin, I have tried a complete Blind scan on all Satellites and both dishes.
Beats me, can it be the TM Twin in anyway? thought about ringing TM help

Sorry Ferret, I thought the two might be related as BBC South is the channel that pointed out the polarity problem, I think South East is Horizontal which I can get on both TV & TM Twin but BBC South is vertical which I can't get on TM Twin, I have tried a complete Blind scan on all Satellites and both dishes.
Beats me, can it be the TM Twin in anyway? thought about ringing TM help

Don't rely one the blind scan.

Try install a channel list and see if that clears the issue.

Back