Mugabe!

I was trying to separate the religious and legal elements. My views on all religions should be pretty well known by now.

I accept the point that vatican law allows them any visitors they choose, but what about Italian law ?
As part of the EU, and being propped up at the moment by the EU, should they not support an EU travel ban,
at least to the point of refusing entry, if not arrest ?

If Mugabe went to San Marino which, from memory, is also surrounded by Italian soil, would this be allowed by Italy ?
I'm not sure of the legal status of San Marino, but I think not.

Mugabee is a coont
Catholic priests shagging kid is not acceptable in this day and age, The king chopping off someone's head in the 1530’s was
And The Gers,The Teddy Bears are crap so are The Hoops

Mugabee is a coont
Catholic priests shagging kid is not acceptable in this day and age, The king chopping off someone's head in the 1530’s was

Mugabe may well be - i guess unless you know all the facts its hard to tell?

Anyone "shagging kids" as you put it is deeply wrong - I dont think its exclusive to catholic priests or something all catholic priests do?

Maybe 1530 but still not a great way to start a religious movement?

Opinions vary on football?

I didn't express a view? The OP raised questions and I answered some.

The Italians regard travel to/from Vatican City as untouchable irrespective of the means used. So, he could have hopped a bus at Rome airport for all they care. The Italian authorities would take steps to prevent any such interference.

Mugabe is not generally disliked in Italy and many African nations regard him as a powerful leader, although that is unlikely to be reported in the media.

Now, you can disagree with any or all of this but the facts remain.

it should be noted many African leaders though Idi Amin was a great and powerful leader.
I suppose he was just maligned by a biased media too?

you just need to look at the state of his countries economy.
which was only saved by the adoption of the US dollar as standard currency.
all because of his "great leadership" skills.

and i suppose UN sanctions are levied just because of a biased media too.
same goes for those fleeing for their lives. are they just believing a biased press? (several i count as my friends)

I guess you just have a strange notion of "facts", is all.

it should be noted many African leaders though Idi Amin was a great and powerful leader.

same goes for those fleeing for their lives. are they just believing a biased press? (several i count as my friends)

Are you missing the point deliberately? I have no love for Mugabe and I certainly don't think his reputation is down to biased media reporting. What I AM saying is if EVERYTHING about Mugabe was published then more people would understand why he gets away with so much. All the twittering about EU and UN sanctions is just sabre-rattling because they know full well they can do three shades of sweet-FA.

UN sanctions? Don't make me laugh - Mugabe has protected passage into New York to meet the bloody UN...

Mugabee is a coont

"Started well ended Bad" agree with what you say apart from the Bold lol

Sorry Firemouth meant to say agreed

Mugabe is a tyrant. He only rules because he has killed off vast amounts of the main tribe in Zimbabwe the Ndebele / Matabele people for the last 30 odd years. He is responsible for thousands of deaths and is responsible for many many terrible acts on his own people.

As for the rest of it well that doesn't surprise me as the catholic church are allowing him access to the vatican for no other reason other than he allows them for the time being to operate unchallenged in Zimbabwe unlike some Christian missionaries

As stated I hope he dies in horrible pain slowly along with many of his side kicks.

Last edited:
Are you missing the point deliberately? I have no love for Mugabe and I certainly don't think his reputation is down to biased media reporting. What I AM saying is if EVERYTHING about Mugabe was published then more people would understand why he gets away with so much. All the twittering about EU and UN sanctions is just sabre-rattling because they know full well they can do three shades of sweet-FA.

UN sanctions? Don't make me laugh - Mugabe has protected passage into New York to meet the bloody UN...

sorry man, It seems i did miss your point. or the point as you make it in this post, anyway.

dont all national leaders have protected passage to the UN in New York?

dont all national leaders have protected passage to the UN in New York?

The US, as a whole, is obviously not an EU state, and I imagine the UN HQ has similar status to the Vatican.
I'm also guessing that international airports allow transit without restriction within the premises.

The Italy / Vatican / Mugabe situation is different. If Italy can apparently flout EU law when it suits, and we know
the French do, maybe it's time we did the same!

The last PM to stand up to the EU was Maggie Thatcher, and like her or not, she had a bigger pair than anyone since,
if not literally. Again I'm guessing. :Biggrin2:

Vatican City is not part of the EU and Italy (which encloses it) does not prevent visitors from travelling onward. The Catholic Church has a policy of welcoming heads of state irrespective of any allegations. Your knowledge of Mugabe is based on media reports you otherwise accuse of imbalance - you have first-hand experience?

You are either completely deaf, blind and without friends, or you do not read, listen to or watch the news, whichever it is you are definitely cut off from all reality asking that question and it is an insult to all the people that have died at that man and his sidekicks' hands.

My 2 cents worth :)

No matter if its Mugabe/bin laden/the yanks/the irish/the british they are all terrorists
No matter if your catholic/muslim/prod all are terrorists
Bush/Obama and that one eye/arm prick of a muslim etc etc etc are allowed here in the uk
why no one stops them or arrest them for their crimes of war?

Iam catholic threw no fault of mine, i did not get to choose
it was forced upon for me as a 1yr old
but im not because i don`t believe in that shite,
there should be a total ban on religion worldwide because it does no good
the only thing religion has givin us is countless wars in the past and in the future
The Pope/Popes is/are the head of the Ma-Fia and thats a fact
they close a blind eye to pedophiles and other crimes

There is no Heaven or Hell just this Planet and full of virus`s and parasites

your born then you die nothing more nothing less,
if you get told differently by someone then are fooking fools and your a bigger fool for
believing that crap

Religion has no place is this world no more and the sooner people learn that then a better world this would be we live in, but it aint gonna happen in my life time nor yours
as people are too scared of the truth.

Peace be with you!

My 2 cents worth :)

No matter if its Mugabe/bin laden/the yanks/the irish/the british they are all terrorists
No matter if your catholic/muslim/prod all are terrorists
Bush/Obama and that one eye/arm prick of a muslim etc etc etc are allowed here in the uk
why no one stops them or arrest them for their crimes of war?

Iam catholic threw no fault of mine, i did not get to choose
it was forced upon for me as a 1yr old
but im not because i don`t believe in that shite,
there should be a total ban on religion worldwide because it does no good
the only thing religion has givin us is countless wars in the past and in the future
The Pope/Popes is/are the head of the Ma-Fia and thats a fact
they close a blind eye to pedophiles and other crimes

There is no Heaven or Hell just this Planet and full of virus`s and parasites

your born then you die nothing more nothing less,
if you get told differently by someone then are fooking fools and your a bigger fool for
believing that crap

Religion has no place is this world no more and the sooner people learn that then a better world this would be we live in, but it aint gonna happen in my life time nor yours
as people are too scared of the truth.

Peace be with you!

I think some of your claims are a bit outlandish - pope head of the mafia - do me a favour !!! Pure comedy gold !!

But, religion or those who follow it to be precise have caused many wars to this day and perhaps the world would be a better place if it didnt exist? Unfortunately if you remove religion from the equation the same people will find something else to fight over - maybe where they live or where their ancestors were from or practically anything else you can think of. The human race is inherently competitive and gladiatorial and even though we are fairly evolved and the more reasonable amongst us can be rational there are millions who just aren't. You can see them everyday on Jezza Kyle and they are breeding - these people are holding back the human race more than any religion ever has !!!

I think some of your claims are a bit outlandish - pope head of the mafia - do me a favour !!! Pure comedy gold !!

It may sound funny. farfetched or outrageous but its true,
Not just the Pope but the Church/Vatican as a whole
you can ask anyone one in Italy, Sicily Or Malta they will tell you the same thing
Pope/Church/Vatican = The Ma-Fia

It may sound funny. farfetched or outrageous but its true,
Not just the Pope but the Church/Vatican as a whole
you can ask anyone one in Italy, Sicily Or Malta they will tell you the same thing
Pope/Church/Vatican = The Ma-Fia

I guess there probably is some historical truth to it - something like the church was willing to overlook the villainous ways of the mobsters and grant them absolution for their sins in return for generous donations. I doubt they have ever had much to do with any criminal activity though!! lol

You are either completely deaf, blind and without friends, or you do not read, listen to or watch the news, whichever it is you are definitely cut off from all reality asking that question and it is an insult to all the people that have died at that man and his sidekicks' hands.

Had you read the whole thread properly you would understand I only stated the facts and ended with a question.

I won't be apologising as I am also entitled to my opinion.

No-one asked you to.

It's very easy to propose regime change, and I agree Mugabe is probably the World's top candidate, but the West doesn't exactly have a great record of replacing tyrants/despots/dictators with something better does it?

If you read more I suspect you'd find that Zimbabwe has little the West really wants. EU and UN sanctions are being relaxed as the Zimbabwe referendum nears despite the fact there's no way of monitoring it. Now, if Zimbabwe was a major oil producer...

@Firemouth - no worries, it's my way to test and challenge ;)

What I objected to was the question of 'personal experience' that was just way out of line.

Back