Ms excel 2013 doing my nut in

tlogic

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm running windows 8 on a brand new machine. I have installed office 365 2013 on to my laptop and everytime I open EXCEL it just crashes , I have tried the repair tool, updated excel, uninstalled and reinstalled but it keeps comming up with the same error 'Excel has stopped working'. I looked around the web and it seems a lot of people are having the same problems. certain fixes such as uninstalling the 'Abby File receiver' which comes with Epsom printer hasn't worked for me as I don't have it. Bloody Microsoft. :Angryfire

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

I'm running windows 8 on a brand new machine. I have installed office 365 2013 on to my laptop and everytime I open EXCEL it just crashes , I have tried the repair tool, updated excel, uninstalled and reinstalled but it keeps comming up with the same error 'Excel has stopped working'. I looked around the web and it seems a lot of people are having the same problems. certain fixes such as uninstalling the 'Abby File receiver' which comes with Epsom printer hasn't worked for me as I don't have it. Bloody Microsoft. :Angryfire

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks

Things to try (to get some more clues):

1 - Excel Safe Mode 'excel.exe /safe'
2 - Disable add-ons
3 - RunAs Administrator
4 - disable advanced graphics options

H8 m8,

I tried all of the things you mentioned but no luck. However I solved the problem by deleating the following DLL file which did the trick 'OSF.dll'
Not sure what this particular file does but its done the trick. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Back