CD & DVD mp3 file to big for cd

mogga

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive got an album that is to big for a cd its mp3 getting converted to audio cd with nero i have reduced the bitrate but its still to big ne ideas without loosing a track even with the gaps taken out its still to big for overburn

did you try to overburn it mate, it mibby work if its not to big.

only other way is to delete a song from it one you dont like lol

no point reducing the bit rate that will only make the mp3 smaller

what album is it

will your cd player not play mp3s

try burning the mp3 folder as a data disc and see if it works in your cd player

Last edited:
hi m8 with nero are you taking the 2 sec pregap out you only need it for the first track then it might fit

took all gaps out still wont overburn have got a edited version now ie songs not as long cheers for the replys

first off, do not reduce the bitrate- leave it at 320 kbps, or the output on the burned disc will not play correctly
open the folder with the mp3's, stretch the folder width wise (L-R), highlight all the tracks, click More Details at bottom
how long is the total length of all tracks ? and total size mb of all files ? cd limit is 79:59 minutes or 800 mb

there are 2 options
1) burn the tracks as 'data' by creating a data disc cd rather than music cd, but player must read an mp3 cd
2) check to see if the player will accept a 'dvd/mp3' and burn the track/s as data to a basic dvd +R
dvd "-" R means simple video formats ... dvd "+" R mean multi format including mp3

also i deleted nero and use nch express burn, which auto- normalizes and gives you 5% overburn protection.
if you need express burn, pm me

Last edited:
all i do is use jet audio , which is on the forum , from 328kb to 128kb once this is done you will be able to fit all the tracks onto your cd mate very easy to use as well

I use imgburn and never had any problems with albums being too long, even the "NOW" ones that are purposely made that way.

all i do is use jet audio , which is on the forum , from 328kb to 128kb once this is done you will be able to fit all the tracks onto your cd mate very easy to use as well

Reducing the bit rate AFAIK has no effect on how long the audio CD is. Audio CD are encoded using a non-compressed format. When you convert a MP3 to audio CD you are removing any compressing and by reducing the bit-rate of the MP3 all you are doing to the audio version is removing quality.

As mentioned you need to use a program that can overburn, commercial produced CD can be longer then CD-audio specifications and most CD players have enough tolerance to play them back correctly. CD-R can always to produced that way and sometimes the CD player won't accept an out of spec CD-R.

As mentioned, if your playback device supports MP3 then keep it as data rather then audio.

Edit: I just realised that I replied to a post several months old, lol Information still applies though

Last edited:
now 84 next 1 to fit to cd how many will i dload to find 1 that fits lol

Reducing the bit rate AFAIK has no effect on how long the audio CD is. Audio CD are encoded using a non-compressed format. When you convert a MP3 to audio CD you are removing any compressing and by reducing the bit-rate of the MP3 all you are doing to the audio version is removing quality.

As mentioned you need to use a program that can overburn, commercial produced CD can be longer then CD-audio specifications and most CD players have enough tolerance to play them back correctly. CD-R can always to produced that way and sometimes the CD player won't accept an out of spec CD-R.

As mentioned, if your playback device supports MP3 then keep it as data rather then audio.

Edit: I just realised that I replied to a post several months old, lol Information still applies though

@oneman

when cd burning 1st started this was 1 of the problems ive only been involved doing this for well over 15 years, your right 320 bit rate is better than 128 constant but theres not much to a normal person listening, ive tested it over the years, and i have changed the bit rate which reduces the size of the file thus letting it fit on to a cd,for example attached listen to both version on the song and tell me theres a massive difference on the normal ear, 1s at over 9 meg 1 just over 4 meg

Attachments

• 01 John Newman - Love Me Again 128 BR.rar
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 01 John Newman - Love Me Again 320BR.rar
    9.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Back