Movie, Sports, Documentary channels not working and all are showing a key icon?

thecaller

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Firstly apologies if my issue has already been raised, I just could not find anything related in this forum. I am a newbie.

I recently took delivery of a brand new TM800 HD. I even had a demonstration of it working on the most popular sports, movie channels. However, a week later, back at home, I connected it up and now I am not able to view all movie, sports, cartoon, documentary, lifestyle channels and many more. I noticed that all these channels display the key icon in the bottom right hand corner. I guess this mean these channels are locked?

I am however able to view terrestrial channels, and nearly all news channels.

I also see an intermittent message on screen - Service not found! (SID not found in PAT). Not sure whether this message is related to the described problem?

As I am a total newbie, can someone advise (in laymans terms) on what the problem may be and any remedial steps I can perform please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

TheCaller

They are encrypted channels which cannot be viewed without the appropriate viewing card..or card share setup.
Most likely a CS account was sold to you with your box..Never buy a preconfigured CS box ! It's asking for trouble exactly like your situation. Providing it's a CS setup then..
Firstly check that your box has network connection, is the network cable plugged in securely, can you check in the settings menus and confirm your box has a valid IP address ? Hopefully your box trader hasnt locked down all the settigns menus..
If you have confirmed that yuor box has internet conenctivity, then you need to contact your box supplier to check your CS account..it's probably expired.
The other issue service not found..may mean you have an out of date channel list, so the channel frequencies are wrong, you need an up to date channel list.

Hi gsmtech.

Appreciate your reply.

OK I am new to all this, hence the reason I bought the pre-configured CS box account. I thought that everything would work fine, obviously not! I should've done some research before purchasing it.

Anyway, not sure if I have done this correctly, I navigated into the menu of my Technomate TM800 HD box, Menu>Setup>System>Network>Network test. I then selected Start test. The test results came back as passed with all green ticks. So it seems network connectivity is ok. I also see my IP address when the box first boot, on the initial splash screen.

So now I am in possession of a brick, it seems, WTH.

With regards to an up-to-date channel list, I am just a newbie, so would not know even how to locate this list, let alone update it.

Thank you for your advice.

BR,
TheCaller

Sounds about right network tests are passing so your box has internet connectivity. You have a couple of options you can ask your supplier why your CS has stop working...but dont be surprised if they say pay ££ for it to be fixed..
Or secondly you can find your own CS source and copy the config files and relevant softcam to your box and pay the monthly fee that the CS provider charges.
I dont personally own one of these recievers so im not sure which plugins work on these. I would recommend Lraizers autobouquets plugin it will automatically update your bouquets (channel lists) etc. Otherwise you can also downlaod ready made bouquets and transfter to your box using dreamboxedit etc, Rat also has a plugin to update channel lists.
You got a lot of reading ahead of you ! Best be is to read up on how CS works, get used to Enigma 2 images and how they function. Look into how to use FTP to transfer files to and from PC/laptop to your reciever.
Once you have some base knowledge you'll be in good stead..then just ask questions as you go. Im sure some owners of a TM800 will be along shortly with some advice.

Before you do anything else get in touch with the seller,
see what he has to say and then move on from there,
if you do any modifications to the image thats already on there before getting back on to him he will just say you broke it now bog off

gsmtech and wiz569 really appreciate your valuable advice.

I will most certainly be getting in touch with my supplier. I really hope it is a fixable minor issue. If not, then i'll be rolling up my sleeves.

In the meantime, can you guys recommend or point me in the direction of any beginners tutorials please? I sure have home work to do now.

Once again, thanks a million for your advice guys.

P.S the message - Service not found! (SID not found in PAT), seems to appear more frequently now. Very annoying.

TheCaller

Back