Motorised dish not picking up all satelites.

emanresu

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,need some help with this.Ive been setting up motorised dish and and picking up sats but some are not falling into place.Im pretty sure im on or close to the arc as I get hispasat 30w and astra 28.2 on each end.The ones that wont come are hellassat turksat eutelsat at 10e and 30e I get the one at 7e but only at 50%.Cant get amos 4.8w.Some of the west im hitting on but sometimes it only gets 2 or 3 transponders with the sats that have 10 or 12.Ive exhausted ever measure dish mounted centrally etc.I got my pole to be I believe 100% vertically.The only thing is its mounted on pebbled wall as opposed to a flat one.Its impossible to get the mount level on this wall but I believe I got the pole level.Do both of them have to be or just the pole.Another thing Is I can scan about 900 channels on nilesat when its at 13e wtf but none at its calculated position.My dish is a 85cm primesat transparent.Does anyone know how these perfrom as Ive read different things.Using bladebox and tm2300 motor and single lnb.Any contributors greatly aprreciated thanks.

firstly forget nilesat on a 85cm although you might just get 1 or 2 txp,s.. as for 7 east there are different beams employed which have different stregths here in the uk. forget amos@4west also. it doesnt matter if the backpate is off center as long as the pole is plumb on all 4 sides. as for scanning 900 channels on nilesat when its at 13east its not scanning nilesat so its looks like the motor isnt going to 7 west when you select it its going/staying on hotbird. hellassat and turksat are pretty low on the horizon so it could be a line of sight issue or check your mechanical/software limits. you should get a few txp,s on 10east. try 11.400.h.7815/dvbs2/mpeg2 and 11.413.h.4000/dvbs2/mpeg2 as these 2 txps boom in here at 16.5db which is astra2 power levels. it may need fine tuning/tweaking a little and try ajusting the focal point of the lnb(forward/back in the holder) and make sure the lnb is slewed correctly while the dish is on 1 west,regards mdt

mdt has pretty much said it all but your choice of dish and this also depends on the make of LNB means your pretty much stuck with all the powerful 'Birds' in the sky which means the usual suspects and most popular starting from the east 45,42,39,28.2,23.5,19.2,16,13,10,9,7,4.8 and the west 0.8,5,12.5,15,22,24.5,27,30 and again as mdt has stated some of these you will only get a few transponders and channels due to beam and satellite footprint.

Regards

Thanks for [email protected] believe I have now fine tuned as much as possible.My nearest due south is 5w which I got signal quality up to 80% here in eire.Is 580 channels a good result from thor.The eutelsat ones seem to be difficult got 7e with 50% or so but on 15.8e get only bout 20 tpxs out of 100 odd or soand I get nothing on 36e eutel or 39e or 42e which I believe I should with dish size.Would a change of lnb bring more results.The one I have just slots in the hollowed out part of the arm which is unusual and doesnt really stay study.Is this not good.The pole has caused me alot of bother as I get it plumb before putting complete mount on but then it deviates some as the bracket on the stone uneven wall has sme play on it.But most of the sats fall in to place.Also how do I know if lnb skew is at o when motor on 0?

Hi, I have recently went to reinstall this with t and k brackets and pole still on the pebble dash wall. I chipped away the dash to get a better fixing. All the brackets level up pretty easy but when the pole is mounted one side is always off vertical. Do the brackets have to be mounted completely square with no spaces between the wall and bracket for the pole to be truly vertical as I thought once the brackets are level the pole would be automatically too.

Hi, I have recently went to reinstall this with t and k brackets and pole still on the pebble dash wall. I chipped away the dash to get a better fixing. All the brackets level up pretty easy but when the pole is mounted one side is always off vertical. Do the brackets have to be mounted completely square with no spaces between the wall and bracket for the pole to be truly vertical as I thought once the brackets are level the pole would be automatically too.

If the pole is of level then I would pack one end of the bracket to counteract IE use washers between bracket and wall. Trail and error until its plum

Got back at this recently but a 100% vertical pole is out of the question due to my mounting spot which is the only one available. My question what is best way to set up with non vertical pole for best reception should I just split the difference between each side or have 3 sides vertical from the pictures? Also as whole dish assembly is mounted it changes some of the readings on the pole even when tightened up fully. Is receiving anything from the outer sats like 36,39 42e out of the question.

Attachments

• IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0012.jpg
    IMAG0012.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0005.jpg
    IMAG0005.jpg
    299 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 1
Adjust to the best you can as you dont seem to be that far out really as it is now. Do the best you can

Elongate the slots on the t & K brackets for the ubolts with a file.

Should give you plenty of range the get it spot on.

I had the pole vertical but that was when it was angled to the right but then the level (sides) would be totally out so I had to bring it back to get the sides right which throws out the vertical slightly. The wall is slightly slanted and a little angled left to right and from the pictures to look at it would look out to the eye but the reading give as level which I think is the problem. I tried washers and a different k bracket but it would always give the same readings. So is it out of the question of having a perfectly vertical pole? Can I receive anything from the far east sats like 36,39 and 42 and is it best to have one side vertical front and back or both slightly out? Read elsewhere that if the motor can be got vertical tightening the screws variously it would work but how to do this.

T & K brackets must work, maybe elongate as ferret suggested but 100% plumb def possible.
I very much doubt that level is level.
Put the level on a wall and plumb level up and mark down edge of level with pencil, then flip level over and align level down pencil line.
If you put level down pencil line and its not plumb then level is out.

T & K brackets must work, maybe elongate as ferret suggested but 100% plumb def possible.
I very much doubt that level is level.
Put the level on a wall and plumb level up and mark down edge of level with pencil, then flip level over and align level down pencil line.
If you put level down pencil line and its not plumb then level is out.
The level is working ok as I tried that method several times on the horizontal parts of tks and same readings. Its plumb front and back when angled to the right to counteract the slope of the wall and even without the level I could tell cause it looked vertical to the eye and the level confirmed.

Back