Motorised satellite, what can I get ?

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've a 1m motorised dish but it's been pointing 28E for the best part of 2 years simply because of CS on sat and kable. Now that things look like changing with kable I was wondering what can I get with CS or FTA on my dish ?.
I wouldn't have the foggiest what's encrypted and whats not

Really too many to mention why not take a testline and have a play for 24 hours.

So there's still lots about football Eng commentary on CS ?, I thought's lots would have gone by now. Which are the main players ch wise ? just football and boxing big fights pref with Eng or audio change

Nope no football with English Comms. Movies and shows and docs with English Comms.

Best to try as over 6000+ channels available with a euro sub,Watching hawaii 5 0 from holland last night with a beer and curry.

So there's still lots about football Eng commentary on CS ?, I thought's lots would have gone by now. Which are the main players ch wise ? just football and boxing big fights pref with Eng or audio change

with the 1m dish you could be ok for say around 95% of feeds from either 7/10 east or the popular west side ones, there are on the odd occasion EPL feeds on 28.2 so your EPL and boxing is covered all with english comms.

there is a slight chance that some feeds posted require a bigger dish say 1.2 to 1.5m but rarely do

Most people with decent motorised satellite systems haven't missed a beat while people have swapped around. Bit like having a private jet / helicopter while others struggle in traffic ... even when $ky did one recently it barely raised an eyebrow.

Outside Broadcast feeds can be very high studio quality & better than punters get, there the best & better than 4k & quicker.

Plenty of free to air, especially if the 1m is performing well . Movies up to 2017 release dates etc.

Where would I find a good tutorial on feed hunting? Ive got a 1M Motorised dish

Sky germany is open with english comms 19e, loads on 1w with lots of hd. afn channels open on 9e with keys. channels on 30w. 23.5e open and with english comms. Just too many to mention.

After coming across this thread I'm going to move my sly dish from 28.2 to 19.2 and fire up the unused Solo2 just to have a look whats available, have been threatening to do it for months but didn't think it would be worth the hassle.
Hopefully shouldn't take me long living in a bungalow :)
Regarding the English comms on live games, I can remember reading that they can be turned off and just have the stadium noise, which will do me fine.

Yep posted above no English Comms on football but movies and series are ok

Except for the feeds of course. . They're usually in English- well the one's we go after are

but I prefer no coms & the crowd sound any day.

Local radio can assist there if you must

After coming across this thread I'm going to move my sly dish from 28.2 to 19.2 and fire up the unused Solo2 just to have a look whats available, have been threatening to do it for months but didn't think it would be worth the hassle.
Hopefully shouldn't take me long living in a bungalow :)
Regarding the English comms on live games, I can remember reading that they can be turned off and just have the stadium noise, which will do me fine.

You might find you can receive the 28e football feeds ..

You could stick it (the sky dish) on a motor, I know that might be a long way from just moving it to 19e, but after that you can move to any sat the sky dish will work on .. and that's quite a lot more than most people think.. 30 ish or more

BTW. . If you stick an lnb at the west side of the sky lnb without moving the sky dish, that usually gets you 19e ..& with a bit of tweaking, it doesn't do too badly.

You might find you can receive the 28e football feeds ..

You could stick it (the sky dish) on a motor, I know that might be a long way from just moving it to 19e, but after that you can move to any sat the sky dish will work on .. and that's quite a lot more than most people think.. 30 ish or more

BTW. . If you stick an lnb at the west side of the sky lnb without moving the sky dish, that usually gets you 19e ..& with a bit of tweaking, it doesn't do too badly.

Moved it mate, in around 30 mins and it took that long because I had no one to monitor the signal on the tv :) so up and down the steps and checking the signal through a window.
Put the latest Vix on the Solo2 and now running AutoBouquetsMaker.
Now to find a Euro test line and see whats what.

Back