Momo Sissoko plans to complete Juventus move this week

B

Bulld0g

LIVERPOOL midfielder Mohamed Sissoko believes he could complete a move to Juventus by the end of this week.

The Serie A outfit hope to move for the 23-year-old who joined Liverpool from Valencia in the summer of 2005.

“It’s a matter of a few days,” Sissoko told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Three days, a maximum of four, and then everything will be decided. I know there has been some movement but we have to wait.”

The Mali international is currently with his national team at the African Nations Cup.

“I confess that wearing the Juventus shirt would be the maximum for me,” he said. “I have been a Juve fan since I was a child because when I was young I was fixated with (Zinedine) Zidane. Then, having followed this team, I have become a fan of (Juve captain Alessandro) Del Piero, a great player.”

Sissoko would also like to work again under coach Claudio Ranieri, his boss in Spain.

“I’ve known Ranieri since my time at Valencia,” said Sissoko. “I did really well with him.”

Sissoko has struggled to keep a regular starting place at Anfield under Rafael Benitez and wants to have more playing time.

“My reason is a very simple one, I am young and I want to play,” he said. “In Liverpool, I’m not playing.

“But I will also be grateful to Benitez for what he has given me. But in football, things change.”

How much are we getting for him ? Seems like we need all the money we can get at the moment

How much are we getting for him ? Seems like we need all the money we can get at the moment

I like him as a player he is a good alround player but suppose Liverpool can't find a place for him in the team. So its best for him to leave. He would be a valuable acquisition for any team. Maybe money for him can be used for Mascherano!

Is the Mascheano deal still loan??

Thanks

I agree m8 he is a good player.He hasn't really been back to his best since he returned from his injury.Yes Masherano is still on loan. His agents announced this week that Juventus and Milan are interested in buying him. That will nothing short of a disaster for us if we allow him to go elsewhere.

They were talking about being the new Viera when he came to the prem but has never really lived up to it and as we seem to have an abundance of midfielders it would make sence to sell him and recoup some money .I like the young Brazilian player (cant remember his name) he looks to be class.Letto i'm not sure about though

I agree sell momo ..the bloke can play as a defensive midfielder...but give him the ball to attack and he is hopeless..cant play a straight pass...get rid and use money to keep mascherano

As i said Momo is a good player. I would prefer it if we kept him. Todays news is £9m for him and he looks to be gone. Watch out for him when he gets his form back....class

Back