modmii usb loader

imyeman2000

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys ! yous lot will be getting sick of me hahaha anyway i just wanted to ask " if i install the usb loader onto my wii will it format the external drive when i go to back up games ! the reason im asking is theres already loads of stuff already on my external device and i dont want to lose it....any advice is greatly welcome....thanks

your harddrive will have to be formatted corrrectly for which loader options you use.

when it asks you the question about drive format on modmii, it is asking which file system your harddrive is formatted to....

The HDD will have to be in fat32 if you want to keep the apps on it. If not, you will have to use an sd card for the apps. I use wiibackupmanager_build78 to transfer games between drives as it automatically splits wbfs files that are too large for fat32 file system.

you can partition the hdd to a small fat32 sector for the covers and apps ,and have the games on NTFS sector with configurable usbloader so if the hdd has games on it already copy them to your computer and then split the hdd using the modmii instructions and then put the games back on the NTFS partition

edogg

usb loader help needed

hi guys , this is starting to drive me nuts now, ive put the usb loader usin modmii onto my wii and tried backing up my games to external drive , wen i try to start the game from the external drive it comes up ios9249) error =cios249rev18, cios222v4,cios223v4, cios224v5, or higher required for starting games from fat partition ! upgrade ios249 or choose a different ios, set_frag: -126 error: setwbfs : -128 then press any button to exit.....please helppppppp im stuck its got my head farting lol

Re: usb loader help needed

i have merged the threads, not point in starting another thread for the same problem.... :)

right i have a few questions for you.

1: which usb loader are you using?
2: what file system is your harddrive formatted to?
3: what files/folders do you have on your harddrive?

thanks m8 , i asked question on here yesterday asking if i needed to format the external drive because i already had loads of important stuff on it, was told to say no to the formatting when loading it from modmii.... the files i have on the hard drive already are films and photos mainly of the kids when they were little and the missus would kill me if i lost them...i have no idea what the hard drive is already formatted to, could i plug it into laptop go to computer right click the hd and look ...!

lol, dont loose them whatever you do...

this is what i would suggest...

1: back up everything from your drive onto your computer if you have enough space.

2: after all your photo's and personal stuff are safely stored elsewhere then start afresh with your usb loader.

you see playing your backups from harrdrive isn't just a simple case of copying them over to the drive.

i think the easiest usb loader to setup and use is config usb loader, i can guide you trough that if you want, but it is important you have a clean drive to mess with.

so if you can transfer everything from your external drive to somewhere safer, i'll guide you through it.. :)

Burn important things to DVD abd look after them properly. HDDs fail.

i have merged the threads, not point in starting another thread for the same problem.... :)

right i have a few questions for you.

1: which usb loader are you using?
2: what file system is your harddrive formatted to?
3: what files/folders do you have on your harddrive?

hi also how are you backing up your games to harddrive with configurable usb loader you start the loader and press the plus button on your wiimote and press ok

edogg

sorry about that m8 was watching the match...! i dont think ive got enough free space to put everything onto my computer it was running quite low on space before i transfered everthing to my external hd and ive added loads since .... it might be easier if i purchase another hd... if you could inbox me the set up and whats to be done i will give it a go with what ive got until i get a new hd m8 cheers! its the configurable usb loader ive put on the wii from the modmii...

i press + and it comes up [+] install game then [+] opening dvd disc...ok! then mario kart wii below [+] fat1= 435_3gb free of 596_0gb press a button to continue press 1 button to dump bca press b button to go back....... i pressed a to continue and it installing game to usb is that correct m8

i press + and it comes up [+] install game then [+] opening dvd disc...ok! then mario kart wii below [+] fat1= 435_3gb free of 596_0gb press a button to continue press 1 button to dump bca press b button to go back....... i pressed a to continue and it installing game to usb is that correct m8

Yes that is how you put games on the usbhdd it will take about 20mins to transfer depending on the game size and speed of the hdd to get the covers when it is finished there will be an option to get it from the internet for the usbloader to run properly from the hdd modmii will have some files marked for the usb hdd make sure you put them on the hdd

edogg

Yes that is how you put games on the usbhdd it will take about 20mins to transfer depending on the game size and speed of the hdd to get the covers when it is finished there will be an option to get it from the internet for the usbloader to run properly from the hdd modmii will have some files marked for the usb hdd make sure you put them on the hdd

edogg
sorry i forgot the most important thing about the hdd you must have a folder called wbfs on the hard drive and all the games will install to that folder if you already have games on the hdd in wbfs foramt you can just move them into that folder it is one of the files that modmii generates for you

edogg

I forgot you have to have a folder called wbfs on the hdd in fat or ntfs for the games to be stored in if you have games that are already in wbfs format then just move them into that folder

Back