modem question-not hacked related

i-zombie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so virgin are being arses,firstly telling me i have no line to my house,then telling me i have to pay the previous tennants bill before thay will put me on
,i have a line to my gaff and its active-ive managed to get out of my bt contract and need broadband

now my question,my mother(who lives a street away)has said she will get the broadband installed-then i can just take the modem use it here and give her the money for the bill

is this feasable-i think we are both connected to the same cabinet,and the hacked modem i had would work at hers when i took it round

obviously i know it depends on my line staying connected at the cab-but with virgin being secure now(no iffy moddys or boxes here now)id imagine they wont be quite as vigilant disconnecting lines from the cab

but is it feasable-would a modem from 1 postcode letter differance(hers ends ss mine st) work ok here
cheers

Im pretty sure you will be fine virmin use UBR segments like an orange but one segment can cover upto half of a mile and more.

Of course it has to end somewhere and split ? But if I go by your post, if you and ya mam or not in the same ubr then your very one unlucky person.

Just like the liverpool and everton streets lol unlucky r what :proud:

try it m8 i couldnt see why it wont work. i'm pretty sure you can cancel if it doesnt work?

Back