Activating a tivo box

GIO

Inactive User
Reaction score
Activating a tivo box

i reduced my bills with vermin recently,go ti down 50% telling them i didnt need my 2 extra boxes i had, also phone line and broadband down to 100mb, in there wisdom they gave me a new v6 box also.

question is i have the tivo still, apart from ripping the hard drive out is there anyway to activate it again, was going to put in the daughters room if i can, i put her V+HD In the now, the tivo is only showing 5 channels and coming up with constant error.

gio

may aswell rip the drive out it then, cheers

Just make sure they dont want it back before you pull the HDD out.
VM equipment belongs to them, my brother was chased for 2 V+HD boxes after he cancelled his TV packages.

VM equipment belongs to them, my brother was chased for 2 V+HD boxes after he cancelled his TV packages.

When I axed my VM services all they wanted back (if I had it) was a SuperHub 3. Since I didn't, they told me to dispose of my TiVo box and SuperHub.

I cant count how many modem and TiVo box I have binned but I did have a nice collection of HD and power supplies :)

Are they 320 or 500gb anyone know? I cancelled about 6 months ago and they have not requested it back so far.

They have 500 and 1tb versions . I think they have error checking disabled to speed them up when in a pvr though. Not sure how safe they would be for important data.

they say if you didnt get the letter with sticky back labels please recycle, so i will recycle for them once i rip the hard drive out it, as for the box out my daughters, thats back in again and working fine, (AS A BACKUP) :)

Back