Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mobile Communications Expert Needed!!!

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
This aint a post for the faint hearted. Just a couple of questions that i am stuck on regarding my assignment. wondering if there are any einsteins on DW.

They are :

IDENTIFY THE PRIME SOURCES OF LINK DEGRADATION IN A COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL.

DESCRIBE, USING A BUILDING BLOCK DIAGRAM, THE MAJOR COMPONENTS THAT MAKE UP THE TRANSMITTER SECTION OF A DIGITAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM. DESCRIBE THE PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF EACH STAGE.

Any lniks, ebooks, advice would be helpful

thanks

This aint a post for the faint hearted. Just a couple of questions that i am stuck on regarding my assignment. wondering if there are any einsteins on DW.

They are :

IDENTIFY THE PRIME SOURCES OF LINK DEGRADATION IN A COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL.

DESCRIBE, USING A BUILDING BLOCK DIAGRAM, THE MAJOR COMPONENTS THAT MAKE UP THE TRANSMITTER SECTION OF A DIGITAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM. DESCRIBE THE PURPOSE AND FUNCTION OF EACH STAGE.

Any lniks, ebooks, advice would be helpful

thanks
Any particular type of channel? Just general?
Noise, multi-path (radio), intersymbol interference (general digital problem, caused by lots of things), EMI...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...9S5jChN&sig=oevd9VaaBMD8aUF09hMIyRXKHCQ&hl=en

This will all be in "Telecommunications Engineering, Dunlop and Smith" unfortunately I don't have time to look at it right now though.

Link Degradation can be caused by a number of different things including distance between transmitter and receiver, vegation between TxRX, interference from other sources using similar frequencies, weather!, etc...

Do you need to know about the end to end performance of the networks? ie the performance levels from end user to service provider for calls, sms and grps traffic? I can help you with this especially sms and gprs traffic over UK carriers if this is the info you need.

Calculation Question Very Hard!!!

thanks for the replies guys. it is more generally what spectre was saying on the link degradation the types of sources that affect the signal i.e noise and interference. The killer question which i am hoping someone can give me an insight into is the follwing. i am not very optimistic though i can hope there may be someone there

An analogue cellular telephone system employs a 4-cell repeat pattern and each RF channel, which supports one voice circuit, occupies 35 kHz. If a spectrum allocations of 1.8 MHz is available for each of the send and receive directions of transmission:

I) HOW MANY VOICE CHANNELS ARE AVAILABLE IN EACH CELL?
II) HOW MUCH TRAFFIC IN ERLANGS CAN EACH CELL CARRY IN ONE HOUR?
III) HOW MANY 3 MINUTE VOICE CALLS WOULD THIS REPRESENT?

You may assume that the cellular system is designed on the basis of 1 blocked call in 35 call attempts.

Back